Discovery Sport Forum banner

Navigation Map Update available

187K views 493 replies 110 participants last post by  Tom456 
#1 ·
In a German LR Forum there is a discussion about an available update for the SD Navigation.
"Europe & Russia Version 26.1.9780."

Price 112 Euro, does anybody " heart about it.
Norbert

#2 ·
Hello Norbert,

I saw this on Blacklandy but certainly won't be spending 112€ of my hard earned cash on it essential since I'm never likely to be driving through Russia ;)

#3 ·
I paid and downloaded the new version. Works fine here in Finland.

After two days testing all new roads made after 2014 included. Even single bridge opened November 2016 is with.

#5 ·
Haven't got it yet, it is £97 so not sure it is worth it or not?

#8 ·
#10 ·
ron said:
Yes downloaded it today not tried it out yet though.£97.
Thanks. Will try tomorrow and see if it's available for 17MY. I would have thought mine was up to date as only built end of Oct.

#12 ·
£97 is expensive for a map update (when you can buy a complete third party Sat Nav system with lifetime map updates for slightly more).

Have unit functionality and routing issues been sorted in this update? or is it purely to do with revised junction layouts, new roads and revised speed limits.

On my map (March 2015 release with the new car) some roads near me don't show speed limits or even a name/number at all, though they have 30, 40 and 50 mph speed limits and cameras in reality.

#14 ·
I wonder what 'added value' LR include over the Here map data ?

Not particularly happy having to pay nearly £100 on a two month old car for an update !!

#15 ·
simon said:
I wonder what 'added value' LR include over the Here map data ?

Not particularly happy having to pay nearly £100 on a two month old car for an update !!
I shan't be updating mine since for the journeys we do it's rather irrelevant as to whether the status is 2014 or 2016.

#16 ·
I think selling a 17MY car in December with 2014 maps only to release up to date ones 2 months later for a fee is a cheek on LR's part.

I've asked my dealer to see what LR's policy is in this. If I have to pay then I'll not bother as TBH I use TomTom or Waze (just started using this and its great!) anyway due to them having live traffic, safety cams and POI's from Google.

#17 ·
simon said:
I think selling a 17MY car in December with 2014 maps only to release up to date ones 2 months later for a fee is a cheek on LR's part.

I've asked my dealer to see what LR's policy is in this. If I have to pay then I'll not bother as TBH I use TomTom or Waze (just started using this and its great!) anyway due to them having live traffic, safety cams and POI's from Google.
Hi Simon - What version is your car currently on? My vehicle is due for delivery on Wednesday next week and I'm going to query the dealer as to if it's been updated or not..

Cheers!

#18 ·
Not sure, will have to have a look.

I would defiantly make sure you have the latest version if you can.

LR have got back to me and are just saying that each car at manufacture has the latest available version installed. So unless yours was on the production line after the new version release, AND they were speedy enough to have it on the production line, I would expect it to have the older version.

Pisses me off that spending so much on a car they can't do the decent thing and offer the first update FOC within a certain patiod.

It's not like they will make huge amounts of cash by selling the updates and most owners won't even bother or be aware one exists.

#20 ·
Can anyone say what's IN it? In particular, does it fix the problem with no town names? Or the problem with no Shell petrol stations? And if it does fix these, why is it a paid-for download not a free "Bug fix" release?

#23 ·
#25 ·
ccomley said:
timhum said:
I had the issue with no town names fixed 18 months ago.
Tim
How? I mentioned it to the dealer - they used quite a lot of words but the effective content was "shrug"
I explained the problem to them, they checked the screen on my car and were surprised. Checked a new car which had the place names so spoke to LR who provided them with a fix. Two visits involved but all working correctly after the second. carried out to my satisfaction by Marshalls Peterborough.
Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.