Any news on the next Pivi Pro software update?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
ChaddieUK

Any news on the next Pivi Pro software update?

Post by ChaddieUK » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:55 am

The latest I have is OS 2.0.8a dated 10 April

Has anyone heard if there are any updates due and what they might contain? I'm still suffering from the profile resetting every few days and I've tried various combinations of registering the key, or not; registering the phone, or not. All without luck.
MY21 DS R-Dynamic HSE P300e Portofino Blue; 20" Satin Dk Gray wheels; Matrix LED h/lights; Privacy glass; 14-way h’ted and cooled massage seats; Natural Shadow Oak trim; H’ted elec adj s/wheel; HUD; PM2.5 filter; Det tow bar; Adv tow assist; etc.

Gjh0702

Re: Any news on the next Pivi Pro software update?

Post by Gjh0702 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:59 pm

My my21 updated software on 24 June - OS2.1.0- looking at list of updates a good number to improve “general system performance and stability”
2011 Freelander XS
Evoque Prestige ,MY 2014,Loire
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey, Cirrus, (rejected)
Merc E220 AMG line with air suspension gone
DS 180 SE R Dyn my 2020 Byron Blue
DS 200 SE R Dynamic my 2021 Byron Blue

ChaddieUK

Post by ChaddieUK » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:56 pm

That's weird - I checked and it said no update available.

Is there a way to run a check? Do I need to be connected to my broadband?
MY21 DS R-Dynamic HSE P300e Portofino Blue; 20" Satin Dk Gray wheels; Matrix LED h/lights; Privacy glass; 14-way h’ted and cooled massage seats; Natural Shadow Oak trim; H’ted elec adj s/wheel; HUD; PM2.5 filter; Det tow bar; Adv tow assist; etc.

Gjh0702

Post by Gjh0702 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:30 am

As far as I know the updates are realised in stages, so may be a few weeks to roll out to all cars.
2011 Freelander XS
Evoque Prestige ,MY 2014,Loire
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey, Cirrus, (rejected)
Merc E220 AMG line with air suspension gone
DS 180 SE R Dyn my 2020 Byron Blue
DS 200 SE R Dynamic my 2021 Byron Blue

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:52 am

Yes - updates are rolled by VIN so it probably is not available for your car yet.
2016 D180 Auto

ChaddieUK

Unable to add a profile on Pivi Pro OS 2.1.0

Post by ChaddieUK » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:08 am

OK finally got my OS 2.1.0a upgrade - it just appeared so must have been a silent install. Not seen any release notes.

However, it will not allow me to add a profile. I can enter a name, then it will not let me click 'Next'. I've tried a hard reset and deleted the profile. I've connected to the Mobile Data and my home WiFi no luck. I did notice there was no MAC Address though.

Any ideas on how to restore connectivity?

Thanks

ChaddieUK

Post by ChaddieUK » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:20 am

UPDATE

The loss of profile capability seems to be prevalent on the Jaguar and Velar forums as well. I'm the only driver of the car, but since this affects the InControl and Connectivity applications it is very annoying. I'll revert to Android Auto for the time being, but JLR please get this sorted it is becoming very annoying and a disappointment.

ChaddieUK

Re: Pivi Pro software update

Post by ChaddieUK » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:51 pm

UPDATE #2

Had a larger update that required downloading. After finally remembering not to update with the RV charger plugged in I managed to get it to install. No really obvious difference, however, I am now able to filly create my profile and log into Incontrol. The Software update page does not appear to have any details like the version number and I think 3D buildings have now been installed on the maps.

Has anyone else had this update v.???? and see any differences?

Be nice to get some release notes.

Elliot

Post by Elliot » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:01 am

mine updated sunday and notes stated profile are not automatic you have to select on screen as you start up, otherwise it stays on the last used
180d hse corris gone.
Narvik 250P hse, lovely. Gone
Ipace . Solar powered ,flying carpet

ChaddieUK

Post by ChaddieUK » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:02 am

Yes I did get some more details - this was the full OS 2.1.0 update

Campaign Release Notes:
This latest release includes further improvements to general system performance and stability. In addition, the following new features have been made:

- New - Predicted on-street parking availability provides a low/medium/high confidence display for locating available on-street parking spaces (coverage varies by country/city)
- New - Added safety zone support (France only)
- Improved visibility of roads in night maps when viewed in the driver display
- Simplified navigation settings to improve ease of use and discoverability of navigation features, including the ability to hide commute suggestions on the home screen
- To provide greater stability, we have simplified profiles and personalisation. The last used profile will now automatically load, with the option to change this to an alternative profile from the welcome screen. Each profile will load personalised settings that are accessible via the touchscreen. We'll be making further improvements to the vehicle personalisation experience in future updates.
- Improved ease of editing the home screen
- Ability to 'Add all' albums or songs to current playlist for supported media types
- Various bug fixes