Re: MY2020 fuses for dashcam

Post by Pjm » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Sorry didn’t realise was a 2021.
Fuse 20 on this model.

ChaddieUK

Post by ChaddieUK » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Thanks.

Is there an easy way to access the fuses that are hidden away behind the glove box?
MY21 DS R-Dynamic HSE P300e Portofino Blue; 20" Satin Dk Gray wheels; Matrix LED h/lights; Privacy glass; 14-way h’ted and cooled massage seats; Natural Shadow Oak trim; H’ted elec adj s/wheel; HUD; PM2.5 filter; Det tow bar; Adv tow assist; etc.

ChaddieUK

Post by ChaddieUK » Tue May 04, 2021 8:09 am

Long mystery finally resolved.

After several abortive attempts to get Halfords to reinstall the dashcam, including at least three visits to find the fitter was 'not available', I finally had it repaired at another branch. They were surprised and sceptical that the original fitter had chosen to piggyback off a safety system - the driving aids. A fundamental auto electrician's no-go area. So they consulted the online manual and have taken the feed from the heated steering wheel (#41), a comfort system.

It all seems OK - dashcams working - I'm assuming the Intelligent parking feature uses the stored battery power to start recording if the car is hit. The heated steering wheel light seems to work, but I can't sense any heat - although other topics seem to cover this. I wonder if there's a rheostat setting that needs some adjustment by JLR.

Otherwise happy :)
MY21 DS R-Dynamic HSE P300e Portofino Blue; 20" Satin Dk Gray wheels; Matrix LED h/lights; Privacy glass; 14-way h’ted and cooled massage seats; Natural Shadow Oak trim; H’ted elec adj s/wheel; HUD; PM2.5 filter; Det tow bar; Adv tow assist; etc.