Aftermarket Android Infotainment

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Karper

Re: Aftermarket Android Infotainment

Post by Karper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Ian_S wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm
If these things were just infotainment it might be less risky, but when most of the car setup controls are integrated in, and 4 wheel drive systems etc, then it becomes a much harder call.

The continued screen integration in cars must have just about killed the stereo aftermarket. New DS will be even more difficult to change.
Apparently the ones I've linked retain the existing functionality - I'm guessing that it basically runs as a second input to the new screen. Either that or they have replicated all of the existing functionality, which seems unlikely.

It would be great if there was some modern standard in which you could swap the infotainment out of any car. Having a DIN/Double DIN slot in older cars was quite nice to be able to upgrade the stereo when you wanted.

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:53 pm

There’s not much on YouTube to help but this is one if the units in a Lexus SUV..

Perhaps an email to the Canadian installer/shop might reveal some answers for you?
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

Karper

Post by Karper » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37 pm

I found some more videos of a unit installed in other Land Rover vehicles which I assume is similar.

There are more under the same channel.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”