Introducing wireless software updates for your Land Rover

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Ian_S

Re: Introducing wireless software updates for your Land Rover

Post by Ian_S » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 am

Would be nice to get a definitive word on whether this is a 'pro system' only thing or applies to us peasants on the 8" screens :)

If it is also for 8" units, is it restricted to newer hardware or does a dealer software update enable it?
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

BobbyBox

Post by BobbyBox » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Ian_S wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:54 am
Would be nice to get a definitive word on whether this is a 'pro system' only thing or applies to us peasants on the 8" screens :)

If it is also for 8" units, is it restricted to newer hardware or does a dealer software update enable it?
What Ian said...

BB
Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE TD4 (180) MY16, Auto, Loire Blue, Almond Interior, Adaptive Xenons, Roof Rails, Spare Wheel, flaps, privacy glass, memory pack, travall dog guard. Built Oct 2015.

Miked

Post by Miked » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 am

Update on Contact with LR support
So I got a reply from my emails
I copy the gist of what transpired after I initially sent screen shots etc asking for guidance

LR Support to Me
"From the photographs I can see that you have accessed the System Settings menu as opposed to 'All Settings'.

It should be in your general infotainment settings that you can access the software updates and option to connect to WiFi.

I would advise that if you cannot access this and continue to have concerns, to contact your local retailer for further assistance."

Me to LR support

" I am afraid your suggested action does not seem to get a result.

I do not have any Menu which is headed "All settings. "
There is a General settings menu which I sent screen shots before
I don't have a menu item which is Infotainment anywhere
I do have Media screen which is accessed from the General settings
I attach a screen shot of available options under that. Nothing to do with Wi-Fi or software updates. If you hit the cog wheels at the bottom of the media screen, it takes you back to General settings.

I have checked all other menus off the General settings menu
I can find no reference to any connectivity in any other of the menus off General settings
What have I missed?

I am sorry but to suggest I talk to my dealer is unacceptable.
I am writing this in the knowledge that a number other owners are in the same situation.
It is not unreasonable to ask for a Centrally produced authoritative explanation of the precise steps to take to achieve what was set out in the email that thousands of LR owners have received.
My vehicle is a MY19 DS 180 HSE lux without Wi-Fi or a top of the range infotainment system.

My fear here is that this email has been sent to all owners raising expectations of a valuable enhancement, but without Wi-Fi The system upgrades over the air are not going to happen
I hope I am wrong
Can I ask you or one your colleagues to definitively describe what we need to do to get the facility or say vehicles similar to mine, which must be the majority as regards MEDIA are NOT going to benefit

I do look forward to hearing from you or someone soonest

Reply from LR Support

"I have since been informed that not all of the 2019 model years are due a software update, even though you may have been informed of this.

I can only advise, if you notice settings missing on your vehicle please speak with the local retailer as I cannot physically look at your vehicle.

If your vehicle does not have the InControl Pro infotainment system and larger touchscreen, this is not currently available for a software update.

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me."

Well there we are .
I read that to say Standard infotainment cars are not going to get SOTA updates
or perhaps
The update system is passive and if there is something to update , it might arrive the via the Comms system in the car and something might pop up to advise.

The bottom line for me is - Standard Kit cars can do nothing, expect nothing and any pop up may be a bonus.
MY19 HSE Lux
Corris Grey,Auto, 5 seat + fixed spare
Detble towbar , HUD.
Previously
-MY16.5 HSE LUX, '16
Corris grey and '7+spare' fixed towbar
-Evoque Prestige '12
-FL2 '08
-FL'04
-FL'01
-FL'00

popsky

Post by popsky » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Miked, although it is disappointing as is so much with Landrover
MY17 HSE Luxury

Phil
West Somerset

Oberautobahnjäger………… :mrgreen:

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”