Land Rover Remote /in Control App Broken

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Post Reply
Chippy
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Location: Germany.

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Chippy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Someone on Evoque Owners Club has apparently called LR CS and was told that the problem was known and it could be 2-3 weeks to sort and issue an update.

Now that’s what I call being interested in customers. Shocking.
Evoque TD4 180 MY18.
DS TD4 150 MY17 - Rejected B Pillar
DS TD4 150 MY16 - Rejected B Pillar


User avatar
Zedman
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:48 pm
Location: Warwick

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Zedman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Chippy wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm
I’ve just tried again and the message is exactly as the one I originally posted.

It’s more than pathetic that after nearly a week the problem hasn’t been sorted.
Yes, my phone has gone back to the same message now! Agree, can't believe how long this is taking to sort out.
MY17 HSE Black Auto in Fuji White. Ordered 24th April 2017. Build date 9th June 2017. Del 1st August.

The garage: 2013 Nissan 370Z Nismo, 2014 Harley Davidson Breakout, 2001 Suzuki GSX750.


User avatar
Nickwill
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:34 am

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Nickwill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Zedman wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:18 pm
Chippy wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:45 pm
I’ve just tried again and the message is exactly as the one I originally posted.

It’s more than pathetic that after nearly a week the problem hasn’t been sorted.
Yes, my phone has gone back to the same message now! Agree, can't believe how long this is taking to sort out.
Strangely, iphone app doesn’t work, iPad app does!!
MY18 HSE 180 auto, Firenze Red, 12 way seats, adaptive lights, leccy towbar, surround camera, full size spare, traffic sign recognition, black lettering.


Badgerface
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Badgerface » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:28 pm

I can only think that this must be related to firmware in the actual vehicle itself. I have had, as previously advised, ZERO problems logging in on an iPad Gen 3 or an iPhone 6s with either 9.3.1 or 11.0.2 respectively.
MY17 HSE Luxury - Aintree Green with Black Pack
*returned back from Dealership after 3 weeks - all faults corrected, but ticking 'B' Pillar still there ad-hoc.


User avatar
sodum
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by sodum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm

As an expedient, why don't they just revert to the previous, working, issue while they work on a fix?
MY16.5, SE Tech, 180, Auto, Loire Blue/Cirrus


Adi55
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Adi55 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi
I’ve got a slightly different problem if anyone has a solution? I’ve had no problems logging in on my iPhone but I drove from Cardiff to Nottingham today stopping briefly at services near Birmingham and the remote app is showing correctly where the car is parked now but the journey details is showing the trip from Cardiff to the services in Birmingham but no details of the journey from Birmingham to Nottingham, any ideas?
I’ve had the car for 2 months now and it’s worked ok until now.
Thanks
MY17 SE Tech Santorini black
Full leather + Pan roof


Barnsh
Posts: 3268
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: South East

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Barnsh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Adi55 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 pm
Hi
I’ve got a slightly different problem if anyone has a solution? I’ve had no problems logging in on my iPhone but I drove from Cardiff to Nottingham today stopping briefly at services near Birmingham and the remote app is showing correctly where the car is parked now but the journey details is showing the trip from Cardiff to the services in Birmingham but no details of the journey from Birmingham to Nottingham, any ideas?
I’ve had the car for 2 months now and it’s worked ok until now.
Thanks
I had that not so long ago it caught up a couple of days later once driven again .
MY17 DS HSE 180 manual Firenze/Almond,10 way Mem seats, Priv glass,Active xenon, surround cam. Space saver wheel, gloss grey wheels.
My16.5 DS Se Tech 180 b pillar tick - rejected :oops:
My16 DS Se Tech180 Tracker Cut main loom = rejected :oops:


Adi55
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Adi55 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 am

Thanks Barnsh.
MY17 SE Tech Santorini black
Full leather + Pan roof


Chippy
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Location: Germany.

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by Chippy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 am

Barnsh wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 pm
Adi55 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 pm
Hi
I’ve got a slightly different problem if anyone has a solution? I’ve had no problems logging in on my iPhone but I drove from Cardiff to Nottingham today stopping briefly at services near Birmingham and the remote app is showing correctly where the car is parked now but the journey details is showing the trip from Cardiff to the services in Birmingham but no details of the journey from Birmingham to Nottingham, any ideas?
I’ve had the car for 2 months now and it’s worked ok until now.
Thanks
I had that not so long ago it caught up a couple of days later once driven again .
It was the same with mine before I made the mistake of updating the app and it stopped working altogether.
Evoque TD4 180 MY18.
DS TD4 150 MY17 - Rejected B Pillar
DS TD4 150 MY16 - Rejected B Pillar


3lander
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm
Location: Merseyside

Re: Land Rover Remote

Post by 3lander » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 pm

I received a call from Land Rover today re my complaint to them over this issue. Basically they are aware that the app has an issue with the iOS updates (currently 11.03). No time frame was offered to a resumption of the service, just an apology. Hey ho.......
Mk1 Escort Mexico, Mini Clubman, Jago Jeep, Sierra XR4i, 3 Mondeos, Ford Galaxy Ghia, Freelander 1 GS, Ford CMax Ghia, Jaguar X Type XE, Mercedes A Class AMG Turbo, Freelander 2 SE, 2017 DS HSE Auto Lux Santorini Black with stuff that makes it go and toys


Post Reply

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests