Bluetooth stability and DAB reliability

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
MartinW

Bluetooth stability and DAB reliability

Post by MartinW » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi all,

I know this is a common issue but I’ve yet to discover a fix for iPhone.

My Bluetooth connection keeps dropping when the connected device has phone and music enabled. Disable one of these and it seems stable. Anyone managed to fix this please?

Also I’m finding that the DAB cuts out far more frequently than other cars I’ve had in the past. Is this a common problem too?

Thanks

Martin

DiscoSportDave

Re: Bluetooth stability and DAB reliability

Post by DiscoSportDave » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:06 am

I've had issues with the DAB since collecting mine in May - one some days i was only getting DAB reception for a two short periods ina 21mile drive. In my previous car i got full reception bar two 100yard stretches. I wondered if there was a local transmitter issue but it continued for weeks.

I then machine piolished and ceramic treated the car - for the next 3 weeks the DAB reception got much better, albeit still patchy - perhaps improved weather or transmitter performance ? Over the drier periods of summer its continued to be patchy at best - perhaps in the damper weather the performance will improve (or get worse).

It's a day out of my schedule to take it in for an investigation, and probably another day to fix it if they find anything - i'm holding off until service time as whilst its a pain in the backside, I can at least use FM or alternative music sources

I have no issue with Bluetooth connectivity drop out - sometimes it takes a minute to pick up my phone after driving off, other times its seconds
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

MartinW

Re: Bluetooth stability and DAB reliability

Post by MartinW » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:43 pm

I took the car to Hatfields, my local LR dealer, and they did a software update which has fixed the phone drop problem.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”