Service interval

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
CocoPops

Re: Service interval

Post by CocoPops » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Is the YouTube referenced.
On Order: MY20 D240 R-Dynamic HSE Indus Silver.

CocoPops

Post by CocoPops » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:59 pm

So how old is that document?
Quite damning really, I for one now want to know about the new DS. Based on that I’d cancel any order on D8 platform.
On Order: MY20 D240 R-Dynamic HSE Indus Silver.

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 pm

CocoPops wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:59 pm
So how old is that document?
Quite damning really, I for one now want to know about the new DS. Based on that I’d cancel any order on D8 platform.
It must be pretty new as it mentions the oil dilution moving to 10% from 7%. I was not told any of this and if I had been, you would not have seen me for dust 😳
First time LR owner, I have joined more forums than I care to remember over the years from Volvo, VW, Mazda, Peugeot, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat and probably others!!
Bye bye Volvo XC90 hello Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 d HSE 2016

malkie76

Post by malkie76 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:51 pm

I got the ‘service required’ message on my dash last weekend - Saturday was 850 miles, Monday was 550 miles, Wednesday was 400, and 0 miles today.

Called local JRL and told to pop past and they’d reset the clock as it was an error. I mentioned about oil dilution and they clearly stated that would show as ‘DPF blocked’ on the dash. Erm, ok.

Roll up at 11 and they obviously checked the oil (credit to the engineers) and reported a 7.1% dilution.

Oil and filter change needed to the tune of £299. I calmly told them they were barking and I had the oil changed last proper service 6months ago.

I got a lot of drivel about service plans (I have one) and servicing being different things. Also told the position is no longer to provide free oil changes to the poor suckers who bought 16/17MY DS with the two year 24k service intervals, before the changes to advertising.

Absolute car crash of customer service. Pulled out the documents from this thread on my phone (thank you everyone!), which eventually knocked them down to £99, but still acknowledgement that the product is inherently faulty.

They had me over a barrel as I needed to be somewhere else, but with the paperwork and help from this thread I’ll go to JLR for a refund.

Really sours me.

My DS is nearly four years old. They absolutely botched selling me a new one last year (check my other thread). It feels to me they don’t want to sell new cars, and don’t want to maintain their customer base with decent after sales service on over £40k of motor.

While there I overheard a lady and husband going mental (politely) at CS about their motor (I think a Jag) being in the garage more than on the road and they wanted a refund.

So what next ? WBAC then buy something else? XC60 ?
Fuji White 2.0 TD4 (180) HSE Black (manual!)
Electric memory seats and mirrors
Second row USBs

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 pm

malkie76 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:51 pm
I got the ‘service required’ message on my dash last weekend - Saturday was 850 miles, Monday was 550 miles, Wednesday was 400, and 0 miles today.

Called local JRL and told to pop past and they’d reset the clock as it was an error. I mentioned about oil dilution and they clearly stated that would show as ‘DPF blocked’ on the dash. Erm, ok.

Roll up at 11 and they obviously checked the oil (credit to the engineers) and reported a 7.1% dilution.

Oil and filter change needed to the tune of £299. I calmly told them they were barking and I had the oil changed last proper service 6months ago.

I got a lot of drivel about service plans (I have one) and servicing being different things. Also told the position is no longer to provide free oil changes to the poor suckers who bought 16/17MY DS with the two year 24k service intervals, before the changes to advertising.

Absolute car crash of customer service. Pulled out the documents from this thread on my phone (thank you everyone!), which eventually knocked them down to £99, but still acknowledgement that the product is inherently faulty.

They had me over a barrel as I needed to be somewhere else, but with the paperwork and help from this thread I’ll go to JLR for a refund.

Really sours me.

My DS is nearly four years old. They absolutely botched selling me a new one last year (check my other thread). It feels to me they don’t want to sell new cars, and don’t want to maintain their customer base with decent after sales service on over £40k of motor.

While there I overheard a lady and husband going mental (politely) at CS about their motor (I think a Jag) being in the garage more than on the road and they wanted a refund.

It’s shocking how different each dealer is and the excuses they throw at you! Mine made me feel like they had done me a huge favour by not charging for the oil change, at this rate I will need 4 oil n filter changes a year, strangely that was not mentioned when I handed over my money for the car 😳 I will see where my legal route takes me then if I am left with the car it will be going to the highest bidder!
First time LR owner, I have joined more forums than I care to remember over the years from Volvo, VW, Mazda, Peugeot, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat and probably others!!
Bye bye Volvo XC90 hello Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 d HSE 2016

D3GGY

Post by D3GGY » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:55 am

malkie76 wrote:
Pretty much what I have done, cant wait for my XC60

My best mate ditched his XJ for a Volvo S60 too for the very same reason and CRC just washed their hands of the valid warranty claim which was ongoing.
Volvo XC60 B4 Inscription Pro

malkie76

Post by malkie76 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:43 am

D3GGY wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:55 am
malkie76 wrote:
Pretty much what I have done, cant wait for my XC60

My best mate ditched his XJ for a Volvo S60 too for the very same reason and CRC just washed their hands of the valid warranty claim which was ongoing.
I like the 7-seats which I occasionally used on the DS, which I'd lose with the XC60, and can't defend the cost of an XC90. The 7-seats at the time (2015) was a USP for the DS.

I drove Fords for years, so might consider the new Kuga. All the fords I had (fiesta-sierra-mondeo then a focus ST) were bullet proof and never in the garage between services. Had the Focus-ST (2007; the 2.5T engine) from new(ish) for 8 years before getting my DS, so would also consider going back to a hot hatch.
Fuji White 2.0 TD4 (180) HSE Black (manual!)
Electric memory seats and mirrors
Second row USBs

Google[Bot]

Post by Google[Bot] » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:20 pm

VeryDiscoSport wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:22 pm
Ian_S wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:03 pm
lodgic wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:55 pm
Does anyone know if they have improved the set up on the 2020 model (or the new Evoke as thats now out?
That is the question we all want an answer to... will take some time for it to pan out. There's little excuse though for not sorting it out on the new models!
I visited my friendly dealer this afternoon and picked up the exhaust parts diagram for the L551 2019 Range Rover Evoque.

The L551 exhaust appears to be identical to the outgoing L538 and staff said they see little chance that the "refresh" 20MY L550 Discovery Sport will be any different.

Hi Guys

I've been following this subject for some time and curiosity finally got the better of me. So today I got underneath one of these to have a look around.

R-DYNAMIC HSE D180.PNG

The DPF appears to be centrally mounted and longitudinally it's still level with the driver's door. It's not quilted, just has a metallic protective shield. The DOC isn't visible from the engine compartment but the exhaust coming off the turbo is quilted and bends downwards through 90 degrees. In the flesh the layout appears to be exactly like the parts diagram for the new Evoque.

I didn't get inside but my impression of the interior was that it's OK, but not what I would expect on a luxury car. For instance, the original plastic/fabric covering on the upper doors and top of the instruments has been replaced by finely knobbled plastic like the boot.

As I only do about 10,000 miles a year I think I'll give it a miss.

Great forum.

Kip Hunter

Post by Kip Hunter » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 am

Just found this on the XE Forum.

Screenshot_2019-08-02 Land Rover Discovery 2k bill Forum.png

PaulCP

Post by PaulCP » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am

Did you read the previous page to this one ;)
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand