Re: Service interval

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 am

TallPaul wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:10 pm
Ian_S wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:16 pm
TallPaul wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:34 pm
And in another 6K miles when I reach 6% will I get a light, or did N289 change the limit to an engine threatening 10%? :?
It's now an engine threatening 10% :(
I know, but I have it *in writing* from the dealer N289 does not change dilution threshold :roll: :(
The note from CRC was unambiguous: the diesel threshold is being raised from 6.1% to 10% estimated. This corroborates what I was told by Millers Oils, info that came originally from JLR via a company director over a year ago. It was also confirmed by Q88ARR on March 21st 2019. That's three reliable sources to rebut anyone who says it hasn't been increased.

On a related subject the following video from VW confirms with graphics the NOx/HCPM trade-off that exists in all EU5/6 exhausts.

2017 DS L-550 2.0 SE Tech 150 6 SPD (Rejected per CRA 2015) :(
2008 RAV4 XA30 2.2D XTR 4WD :)

Janjp

Post by Janjp » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 pm

My Disco is 9 months old 15125 on the clock.
Service light flick on and not seen it since the App on the phone says it is due , landrover said it will need a oil change and filter and I will need to pay 30 mins labour and OST’s for oil ect as the service pack does not cover oil changes that are required before the schedule service interval,

They say driving short journeys at low speed cause this to happen.

Shocking from jlr

padraigpost

Post by padraigpost » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:37 pm

Just had my 2017my disco sport in main dealer, it has only done just under 4000miles since 2 year service service and indicator has gone down 19000 miles, a ratio of 5 to 1, complained to dealer who said they would do an oil and filter change for £130, paid for this and was then told that there was a recall for 2016 to 2019 model year vehicles, guess what for—- service indicators going down to quickly, told them I shoulnot have paid but no refund, also service indicator only reset to 6550, argued with them that after oil & filter change it should be higher but they were adamant that they could not or would not set it higher, they seem to think that 4000 to 6000 is ok for service intervals, needless to say although I love the car it will have to go, JLR are just having a laugh
Don

Leoniums

Post by Leoniums » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Janjp wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 pm
My Disco is 9 months old 15125 on the clock.
Service light flick on and not seen it since the App on the phone says it is due , landrover said it will need a oil change and filter and I will need to pay 30 mins labour and OST’s for oil ect as the service pack does not cover oil changes that are required before the schedule service interval,

They say driving short journeys at low speed cause this to happen.

Shocking from jlr
Hahaha sorry but those guys... oh those guys...
They always come back with a story!.
My car had battery issues.... stop start wasnt working.
After checking battery they found it low so they charge it ..
They told me the same story... short jourbeys.
My wife is mostly uaing our DS and everyday is doing 50 Km... home work and back. 2 Years same "journey"
So i took it for a week. 60 Km to my work and 60 back totally 120Km. 1 week after same problem. They checked again the battery and to my surprise... they found it low so they replace it.
I had to visit the dealer 2 times by 2 days (for charging) in order to see the obvious...
You should had mention them about DPF issues so the oil must be change shortly and dont pay anything.
----------------------
DS SE 180HP Auto MY16 // Santorini Black
Panorama // Privacy Glass // Cold Climate Pack // Trailer coupling package // Xenon // Fog Lights // Lane Keep Assist // Blind Spot // Traffic Sign
----------------------

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:25 am

For all the newbies on here with early oil changes , please note there is a poll over here where you can enter when your oil change is carried out.

Although this was created a while ago and some owners hadn’t had a notification at that time and gave estimates , it still serves a valid purpose if people add how many miles till service notification. Please note though that early 2016 models didn’t notify you unless you had the app!😟😳

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6469
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

OT76

Post by OT76 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 am

I have had my car since new, September 2017, and just coming up to 29,500 miles (so I definitely cover enough distance and speed for DPF regens and have never had the DPF light come on). I have just had my 4th oil & filter change a couple of weeks ago, and then N289 software update applied (I refused to let them apply it until after the oil change). I have completed approx 1,500 miles since the change and already my indicator is telling me that an oil service is due in 2,500 miles!!!! So, at that point I will send (another) sample to Millers for testing (last sent to them at 28k miles).

As long as LR keeps funding the oil changes (as they promised to do at time of purchasing the car - I have written confirmation of this), then I have no issue. I love the car, perfect for children and dogs, performs perfectly well albeit a bit boring compared to other cars we have.
MY18 HSE Auto 180 Diesel Firenze Red, Black Alloys, Narvik Black Pack 1, roof rails, heated steering wheel, spare wheel, red shift paddles, BS & RT sensor, service plan, PPF & Gtechniq CSB
Collection date 15/9/17
Buckinghamshire

Wool

Post by Wool » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Bought mine with 12k on the clock, just over 2 years old and the dealer had serviced in line with 2 year requirement. I noticed after about 2k of motoring the oil service counter was targeting a service at about 30300. Then due to problems with my sat nav, the dealer updated both satnav and IN Control Touch software. Satnav now fine, however oil service counter is maintaining a new service target of around 31500. Not sure the car ever had a 21k target programmed but I’m playing safe and although I have a service pack, I will just have to pay for an interim oil change soon as I have just passed 20k on the clock.
Obvious there was some tinkering done with the software update.
MY17 DS HSE Manual 180, Electric towbar, Santorini Black . Service pack inc.

decho

Question about Oil Dilution

Post by decho » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:28 pm

I am a very happy DS Landmark owner...well so far anyway.
I keep seeing posts about don’t buy a diesel DS 180 if you don’t do a high mileage.
I don’t, probably about it 5k per year.....but I do very few short journeys, most are 30 miles or longer and often on motorways and very few are about town.
Although I am not mechanically minded, my theory is that my car will reach its 2 year service interval long before the service interval warning occurs or before oil dilution will be a problem.
Would appreciate your feedback....there must be others in the same boat as me?
Beautiful 2018 Landmark in Corris Grey....with ugly LR tow bar!

roadster

Re: Question about Oil Dilution

Post by roadster » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:13 am

My usage is very similar to yours and I have had no problem except needing to charge the battery every four or five weeks if I'm not driving. I changed the oil and filter after twelve months as a precaution.
RAV 4 Hybrid convert
Now gone::2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

RogN

Re: Question about Oil Dilution

Post by RogN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:31 am

My 2 3/4 year old 23k miles DS is due another service in a week.
Im fairly sure it’s due to the oil dilution, plus last time I added a bit of oil the DS started complaining about it.
My main pain with the d180 is the semi regular pestering to clear the DPF :-(
One of the reasons DS replacement is (when it arrives) a P300 F-Pace
Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 & a “few” extras has gone!

Indus Silver F-Pace 300 Sport is here :D

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”