Service interval

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Past master

Re: Service Due Alert

Post by Past master » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:30 pm

I have both of those items showing on the car I bought from a LR dealer only three days ago. Surprisingly the salesman has suddenly gone strangely quiet and doesn't seem to be answering e-mails... At least it hasn't told me I need a service (yet). Oh, and it's 2 years or 21000 for the service (that's about a year and a half for me).
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black
Now replaced with MY19 D180 Evoque S (new shape)

philn

Post by philn » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:24 pm

PedroT wrote:Had a couple of minor recall items ( the fuel pipe possibly rubbing on plastic engine cover and the taillight thing) phoned dealer ( Lloyds Carlisle) to book in, to be told I am due a first service ( one year old and 9000 miles). When I picked car up 3 hours later, I was told that actually no service was due and they had made a mistake, should be 2 years or 20,000 miles. Got them to top up my add-blue anyway.
They still got it wrong it's 21000 miles - unbelievable.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Past master

Post by Past master » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Well this is a new one - checked TOPIx on Tuesday when I bought the car. The two recall items (same as Pedro's) were showing as due, so I e-mailed the salesman. No reply, so phoned him today (Friday) to be told that all service actions would be up to date. He'd never heard of TOPIx ("You have access to LR service records? Really?" - sounded genuine!) but said he would sort it out when I brought the car in for an adblue top-up (they don't check adblue as part of the pre-sales check!). I had another quick look at TOPIx this morning, and not only had these two service actions disappeared from the to do list, but they aren't showing as having been done either. They've just vanished. To be fair, neither of them seems to be a problem on this car (yet).
Regarding the service, it may be 21000 miles, but at least one adblue top-up is needed in that time, so if you have a service plan that means another trip to the dealer. Probably cheaper to do it yourself, even if the dealer will do it for free.

philn

Post by philn » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:28 pm

When they complete an action it does disappear from Topix.
MERC GLC43

Past master

Post by Past master » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:56 am

philn wrote:When they complete an action it does disappear from Topix.
But TOPIx does display a list of completed actions (a long one in my case). It's just that these aren't on it.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Past master wrote:
But TOPIx does display a list of completed actions (a long one in my case). It's just that these aren't on it.
Where? Not seen it, unless hidden away on this latest update.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Past master

Post by Past master » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Past master wrote:
Where? Not seen it, unless hidden away on this latest update.
When I log in to TOPIx (I have the screen open now) I get the car details on the left, and on the right are two boxes - "Outstanding Campaigns" (currently empty) and "activity stream", which appears to list 21 actions that have been applied so far. There is an option to "hide read documents" which may have been applied in your case. Alternatively, this may be just a list of documents read by the (previous) subscriber - I'm not sure what constitutes an "activity".
The two items referred to above (P085 and Q597)were listed as outstanding on Tuesday but had disappeared by Friday. They do not appear in the "activity" box. They also appeared on the printable summary of car details, and again have disappeared from this.
Can anyone explain what the "activity stream" actually refers to?

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 pm

They're what all Topix users are reading, i.e. those with a subscription to access the documents.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

philn

Post by philn » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:25 pm

The activity screen has nothing to do with your car, it can contain items for other models in the range e.g. RR Sport etc.
As I said once the fix has been applied it disappears off the outstanding campaign area and you cannot see what has been carried out only what needs doing.
MERC GLC43

Past master

Post by Past master » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks for the explanation!

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”