Discovery Sport Forum banner

Service interval

1M views 3K replies 215 participants last post by  Past master 
#1 ·
My DS, first registered in November 2015 has covered 8910 miles.
A few days ago, on the InControl App, a Service Due Alert message appeared advising that my car is due for a service.
This coincided with an occasional message (on first start up of the day) saying that the oil level is low. This message did not stay, but disappeared once the tyre setting message had been displayed. I checked the oil level on the dipstick and it is showing full.
I spoke to my dealer who says that maybe due to the type of driving I have been doing (!!) the car needs an oil and filter change.
Anybody else had a similar experience?

Attachments

#2 ·
No way :shock:

Never heard of this and this will soon use up your service plan if you have it or increase your service costs if you don't :(

Minis tell you when service is expected by date and miles - it also shows brakes etc - does the DS have this in menu - I will need to check :?

#3 ·
From Handbook do any of these apply :?

ARDUOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS

When a vehicle is operated in extremely arduous conditions, more frequent attention must be paid to servicing requirements.

Arduous driving conditions include:

1. Driving in dusty and/or sandy conditions.

1. Driving on rough and/or muddy roads.

3. Frequent wading.

4. Frequent driving at high speeds in high ambient temperatures above 50ºC.

5. Frequent driving in severe cold weather below -40ºC.

6. Frequent driving in mountainous conditions.

7. Frequent trailer towing.

8. Driving in areas using road salt or other corrosive materials on the driving surface.

Contact a retailer/authorised repairer for advice.

#4 ·
Majority of mileage has been done on motorways/A roads, although there are some short urban journeys as well.
I don't think any of my motoring can be described as arduous.
I recall others have said that the Service Due Alert does appear much earlier than is really necessary.
Knowing if the car also asks for a service will help.

#5 ·
8 months into a 2 year service interval is more than just early :shock:

#6 ·
I have had the same issue, alert message appeared at 10,000 miles. Service department believe that service interval setting has not been updated for 2.0L engine and will reset the system when the car goes in for work next week.

#7 ·
Can you let me know how you get on? Thanks

#8 ·
JHutchins post would make sense

#9 ·
Not had the Service warning, but have had several instances of Oil Level Critically Low on start up. Disappears with Tyre Pressure message. Oil check showed it up to the full mark. Only done 5.9k since Sept, so you wouldn't expect anything different.

Just wondering if there is a sensor fault (bad batch maybe). Anyone else suffering this 'Feature'?

#10 ·
Freeloader said:
Not had the Service warning, but have had several instances of Oil Level Critically Low on start up. Disappears with Tyre Pressure message. Oil check showed it up to the full mark. Only done 5.9k since Sept, so you wouldn't expect anything different.

Just wondering if there is a sensor fault (bad batch maybe). Anyone else suffering this 'Feature'?
That's identical to mine.
Have you contacted your dealer?

#11 ·
No, not yet. I plan to shortly though. I can, however, hear their response now "Not heard of that, bring it in at your inconvenience" and they we will spend days running endless tests to say " No Fault Found" ;)

#12 ·
Freeloader - any update to report?
(I'm still getting the occasional error message)

#13 ·
JHutchins said:
Rafael said:
A few days ago, on the InControl App, a Service Due Alert message appeared advising that my car is due for a service.
This coincided with an occasional message (on first start up of the day) saying that the oil level is low. This message did not stay, but disappeared once the tyre setting message had been displayed. I checked the oil level on the dipstick and it is showing full.
I spoke to my dealer who says that maybe due to the type of driving I have been doing (!!) the car needs an oil and filter change.
I have had the same issue, alert message appeared at 10,000 miles. Service department believe that service interval setting has not been updated for 2.0L engine and will reset the system when the car goes in for work next week.
Dealer has reset the service interval and the warning on the app has now disappeared. Car has done 10,200 miles and has now had a second Ad Blue top up. EGR module has been updated, will be interesting to see if the affects the DEF consumption and the MPG

#14 ·
JHutchins said:
JHutchins said:
Rafael said:
Dealer has reset the service interval and the warning on the app has now disappeared. Car has done 10,200 miles and has now had a second Ad Blue top up. EGR module has been updated, will be interesting to see if the affects the DEF consumption and the MPG
Many thanks

#15 ·
Rafael said:
Freeloader - any update to report?
(I'm still getting the occasional error message)
Morning. Sorry, but I haven't had time to call the stealer yet. However, this may well change this week, as the InControl app has had a whisper from the DS suggesting that a Service is due. Having just broken through the 6k mark I suspect the software has got all giddy and confused.

When I have spoken to the stealer I will provide an update. I will show them the message in the App as evidence, although the intermittent Oil Level warning (not happened for a week or so) will be harder to evidence.

#16 ·
Fault is still showing, so I contacted my dealer this afternoon and car is going in next Friday to be checked.
I'll let you know how it goes.

#17 ·
Well, car went to the dealer this morning.
There was a lot of puzzled looks and shrugging of shoulders when I outlined the two problems.
The Service Due message I could demonstrate from the app, but not of course the oil warning as that just disappears after a couple of seconds.
The technician checked the car over - including the oil level on the dipstick, but couldn't identify the fault.
So, he's now waiting for me to send photographic evidence of the oil warning and has a screenshot of the Service Due message which he's to take up with LR.
That's 3 hours of my life that I won't get back.

#18 ·
Rafael said:
Well, car went to the dealer this morning.
There was a lot of puzzled looks and shrugging of shoulders when I outlined the two problems.
The Service Due message I could demonstrate from the app, but not of course the oil warning as that just disappears after a couple of seconds.
The technician checked the car over - including the oil level on the dipstick, but couldn't identify the fault.
So, he's now waiting for me to send photographic evidence of the oil warning and has a screenshot of the Service Due message which he's to take up with LR.
That's 3 hours of my life that I won't get back.
Still not got round to wasting my life. I suspected the same response as you received. My car was built the week before yours, just wondering whether there was a dodgy batch of sensors or some such. Oil level warning not appeared for a couple of weeks, despite a 200 mile round trip with the caravan. Off again with it next Friday, so will keep my eye out. As with yours, dipstick shows it is full of oil, and no service indication on the dashboard.

Land Roveritis is suspect.

#19 ·
Just had this same issue on my DS picked up in Nov and only done 3500 miles.
Got the oil warning message once about 10 days ago and now in control is showing that a service is due.

No doubt I'll have to take it in to be checked....its been in on average once a month since I've had it, starting to lose its shine for me now.

#20 ·
Just got an invitation from the dealer to take the DS in for a service. 7k and 11 months old. I have the service plan, but think that if the dealer/LR cannot make their mind up if it is 1 year or 2 for the Ingenium, then to hell with it. Get it serviced and let them incur unnecessary cost. I can get the 2 outstanding campaigns looked at and the oil level critical nonsense, plus another interesting 'feature'. Switch off engine and the gear selector just remains in drive and does not return to (P)ark. I have to start it up and off again. Happened a couple of times, but rather annoying.

#21 ·
You only get 2 services on the £499 package which is 4 years not 5 as advertised so be aware

#22 ·
Just turned 10,000 miles and still have the service due message on the app. Tried to photograph the oil warning message, but every time I have my phone ready - the message fails to appear and when I forget - there's the message.

#24 ·
Just spoken to Dealer. The oil level warning message is resolved by a software update apparently. They know about it, so hopefully that can be resolved easily.

#25 ·
I have just had the DS serviced at 13K and just 12 months. I have told the dealer that I go no notification of service due or a 'countdown'. Dealer said it might have been reset by selling dealer, but now complete reset so should get a warning next year, I sit with crossed fingers :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.