AdBlue/DEF Range Thread

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
rosec2

Re: AdBlue/DEF Range Thread

Post by rosec2 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:14 pm

I've only done mine once (about to do again) and added it a litre at a time as I was worried about overfilling. Before I did the last litre I checked what the car was telling me and it said it still needed 1.8 litres but then it nearly spilled over so I was really worried that I'd overfilled it but all was well, I must just have been pouring a bit fast!
MY18 HSE Dynamic Lux 180 in Firenze Red with Black Pack and silly wheels!

redmug

Post by redmug » Fri May 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Mine needed the first fill. Took it to the Dealer as have the service plan on mine.

What surprised me was it took them 35 minutes to do, and I was offered 5 drinks in the process. All I really wanted was a quick stop and fill and be on my way.

Anyone else found that dealers manage to take a 5 minute job and stretch it out considerably. Not a surprise they charge a fortune for everything.

chris

Post by chris » Fri May 03, 2019 5:46 pm

redmug wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:01 pm
Mine needed the first fill. Took it to the Dealer as have the service plan on mine.

What surprised me was it took them 35 minutes to do, and I was offered 5 drinks in the process. All I really wanted was a quick stop and fill and be on my way.

Anyone else found that dealers manage to take a 5 minute job and stretch it out considerably. Not a surprise they charge a fortune for everything.
Yep they do and add to that the time driving to and from the garage, in my case about 40 minutes each way, its just a no brainer, do it yourself.
MY20 - Jaguar I Pace HSE EV400 in Black with full black pack, Mars Red Windsor leather sports seats, gloss black 20” wheels etc etc

Discovery Sport DSL SW 2.0 TD4 180 SE Tech Auto / Kaikoura Stone / Ebony full leather / Pano Roof

Londoner

Post by Londoner » Sat May 11, 2019 9:05 pm

I bought 10l adblue at Halfords for £12 and topped it up in 3mins.
Was easy
MY19 180 Landmark Navrik Black

Past master

Post by Past master » Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I suspect they have to plug something in to the car to indicate the level and stop them overfilling, which on some cars leads to problems. The advice on here is clear - never fill to the top (and some tips above on how to make sure you get it right).
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

Yasmar

Post by Yasmar » Wed May 15, 2019 12:14 am

Past master wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm
I suspect they have to plug something in to the car to indicate the level and stop them overfilling, which on some cars leads to problems. The advice on here is clear - never fill to the top (and some tips above on how to make sure you get it right).
No they don’t plug anything in they just fill it up with a miserly amount of adblue. I overfilled mine once and it took days and hundreds of miles for the ultrasonic gauge to start working again. Almost got to the point of taking to the dealer but just got away with it. Mind you I had stuck in about 16 litres! :lol:
2.0 D180 R-Dynamic S VELAR MY 19.5
Now Gone MY16.5 DS HSE 2.0 Litre Diesel Automatic Scotia Grey with privacy glass and mudflaps.
Complete with B Pillar rattle courtesy of JLR :roll:

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed May 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Past master wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm
I think later cars will say how much is required to top up, and the latest diagnostic system at the dealers does too for all cars.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”