AdBlue/DEF Range Thread

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
grisuAMS

ADBlue First Refill

Post by grisuAMS » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:51 am

Just thought you might be interested.. Completed my first 12500km and the Diesel exhaust fluid warning went off.
System tells me I have 1500KM left. So approx. 14.000km to empty.

Now the fun... went to my LR dealer for a "quick" top up. Turns out I had to wait for an hour.. Appears this was their first time as they as well were surprised that they had to re fill, connect the car to the computer, do a reset and no idea what else.
So all in all quick top up took about1.5 hours before I had the car back..
With approx. 45000km/year I will have this fun a lot more often now.
Ordered 1 April, HSE SD4 Automatic, Aintree Green/Almond
Built date 27 August 2015
Pick up date at Dealer... 24 Sep!!! :D

Moose

Re: ADBlue First Refill

Post by Moose » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Refilling every 8500 miles seems too short a distance is that right?
HSE Auto Yulong White Cirrus black roof, 20"wheels, Privacy Glass, InControl - apps and secure, Factory tow pack,

grisuAMS

Post by grisuAMS » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 pm

checked the manual.. mentioned there is approx. 1 Liter/1600 km ... depending on the driving style....

philn

Post by philn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Moose wrote:Refilling every 8500 miles seems too short a distance is that right?
Below copied from Pete (LR) post on forum:

"How Often Will DEF/AdBlue® Need Refilling?
We will provide the vehicle with the reservoir full at the time of production. The consumption of DEF/ AdBlue® is approximately 1 litre per 1,000 miles /1,600km for EU6 vehicles (North America 1.1 litre per 1,000km/621miles), this figure is influenced by many factors including driving style, engine size, and vehicle load.
Land Rover approved retailers will be able to provide assistance in refilling should this be required or alternatively, if you would prefer to self-fill you can purchase non-drip DEF/AdBlue® 1.89 litre refill bottles from your local authorised Land Rover retailer."

As the tank is 13.7 litres 8500 miles seems low but could vary with length of trips done and driving style like mpg.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Moose

Post by Moose » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:57 pm

philn wrote:
Moose wrote:Refilling every 8500 miles seems too short a distance is that right?
Below copied from Pete (LR) post on forum:

"How Often Will DEF/AdBlue® Need Refilling?
We will provide the vehicle with the reservoir full at the time of production. The consumption of DEF/ AdBlue® is approximately 1 litre per 1,000 miles /1,600km for EU6 vehicles (North America 1.1 litre per 1,000km/621miles), this figure is influenced by many factors including driving style, engine size, and vehicle load.
Land Rover approved retailers will be able to provide assistance in refilling should this be required or alternatively, if you would prefer to self-fill you can purchase non-drip DEF/AdBlue® 1.89 litre refill bottles from your local authorised Land Rover retailer."

As the tank is 13.7 litres 8500 miles seems low but could vary with length of trips done and driving style like mpg.
If the ratio to fuel is more or less fixed - then the MPG (or km/l) must be low.
HSE Auto Yulong White Cirrus black roof, 20"wheels, Privacy Glass, InControl - apps and secure, Factory tow pack,

BlameTheParents

Post by BlameTheParents » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:55 pm

If it requires a computer reset, how are we supposed to do this ourselves?
HSE Black Edition in Corris Grey/Cirrus.
Some extra USBs to keep the family quiet + detachable tow bar.

Disco Oldenburg

Post by Disco Oldenburg » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:13 pm

From watching the video of the hacked and analysed VW ECU on 32C3 Hacker congress, my guess is that short trips with cold engine will use less AdBlue.
The BOSCH ECU seems to not use any AdBlue during warm-up.
It will be interesting to see how far other people get!

Martin
TD4 SE Auto , Fuji white / Glacier part leather, Xenon, dark grey 18" style 511, removable tow bar...

PaulTheWall

Post by PaulTheWall » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:34 am

Was it full to start with ?
NOW SOLD ,DSHSE Auto,Barolo Black,Black pack,Bonnet Vents,225 BHP,22inch 265/35/22 wheels,Ebony/Ebony interior,Memory seats,Meridian sound system,DualViewTV ,Privacy glass,Black roof bars,Service pack,Ceramic coating,Delivered 17/04/15

grisuAMS

Post by grisuAMS » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 am

Dealer seems to have been surprised as well about the time and effort required.
When I dropped it they told me will be max 15 min to refill and return the car to me....
Agree, no idea how we could refill on our own if it requires a computer reset.
I was running late yesterday, but will ask them the next time I am back there to have them try
to fix the rattle sounds.

I have to assume it was full when they delivered!? But did not check to validate and did as well not check right after the refill
how much KM it now states as adblue range. Will do that later today and let you all know

timhum

Post by timhum » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:39 am

Perhaps its like the fuel tank, the range is reset every time it is filled and no computer adjustments needed?
Tim
HSE auto, replaced with a RRS HSE 3.0d

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”