OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
SarahStreet
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Coventry, GB
Contact:

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by SarahStreet » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm

The only non-Pathfinder 3rd Party device that reads the DPF values fully (including soot loading) that I am aware of is OBDLink MX+, using ScanTools software. It’s about £60 for Android devices, and a few quid extra for iOS.

woolz
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by woolz » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:48 pm

SarahStreet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm
The only non-Pathfinder 3rd Party device that reads the DPF values fully (including soot loading) that I am aware of is OBDLink MX+, using ScanTools software. It’s about £60 for Android devices, and a few quid extra for iOS.
Is this MX device bullet proof for all disco engines?
I read some people in this forum are using scan pro app and are able to view dfp reading easily and others cant see anything!!!

bludisco
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by bludisco » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:27 pm

Good evening,
I use the Autel MaxiAP200m Comes with dedicated app, costs £16p.a. (after first year) for each brand you want to cover.
The Eobd section (as opposed to the dedicated LR part) has live data which shows a myriad of things, each selectable, including the temperature banks, DPF percentage, regen status Y or N (limited value as shows Y frequently (maybe when in other instatallations would run as passive?)) and more usefully regen Passive/Active. App is a bit clunky but works.
You also get dedicated diagnostics and service functions (oil reset, battery mgmt, hand brake service setting, force regen) for your £16 - I have not had the need to try these yet on the DS but I paid for Fiat also and the service update function worked first time on my wife's Fiat 500.
Worth £16 I think to track the regen issue.

bludisco
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by bludisco » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Think this may be the one JRUIZ14 is referring to.

SarahStreet
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Coventry, GB
Contact:

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by SarahStreet » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:32 pm

woolz wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:48 pm
SarahStreet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm
The only non-Pathfinder 3rd Party device that reads the DPF values fully (including soot loading) that I am aware of is OBDLink MX+, using ScanTools software. It’s about £60 for Android devices, and a few quid extra for iOS.
Is this MX device bullet proof for all disco engines?
I read some people in this forum are using scan pro app and are able to view dfp reading easily and others cant see anything!!!
Not all, no. Certain GH (16MY) VIN’s don’t have the necessary sensor access to read some of the data. 17MY> (with revised IC display) will work fine with this however.

woolz
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by woolz » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:22 am

SarahStreet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:32 pm
woolz wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:48 pm
SarahStreet wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:29 pm
The only non-Pathfinder 3rd Party device that reads the DPF values fully (including soot loading) that I am aware of is OBDLink MX+, using ScanTools software. It’s about £60 for Android devices, and a few quid extra for iOS.
Is this MX device bullet proof for all disco engines?
I read some people in this forum are using scan pro app and are able to view dfp reading easily and others cant see anything!!!
Not all, no. Certain GH (16MY) VIN’s don’t have the necessary sensor access to read some of the data. 17MY> (with revised IC display) will work fine with this however.
I believe all sensors are accessible- even mine that I cant seem to find an app that displays dpf values- even paid apps..
In the past I have taken my car to a dpf expert who used his diagnosis tool and could read everything.

jruiz14
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by jruiz14 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:48 pm

AUTEL MAXI AP200 , read all.


You can see the reading of the dpf in real time and how it is cleaned when it does active regeneration.


I will upload a video soon

Burnerg81
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by Burnerg81 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:24 pm

I just got a Autel maxiAP AP200M. Reads all codes but I’ve an older 2.2 so can’t test the dpf regen (as far as I know).

It’s thrown up some codes, however, but nothing I’m worrying about as I’ve not had any dash lights and everything on the car works perfectly.

Things like:

3804434D-C648-46D4-9D02-981C0311EBDD.jpeg

2015 2.2d HSE auto
Wireless charger
Noble chrome wing mirror covers
Alloy pedals
Aluminium door sills
Aluminium gear shifters
Hard wired dash cam
Hard wired ctek battery charger

SarahStreet
Posts: 729
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 am
Location: Coventry, GB
Contact:

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by SarahStreet » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm

jruiz14 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:48 pm
You can see the reading of the dpf in real time and how it is cleaned when it does active regeneration.
Im sorry, but nothing will read actual DPF soot loading in real time, not even SDD/Pathfinder. It will read ‘estimated’ DPF soot loading based on a complex algorithm working on various parameters such as time since last regen, distance covered, average engine speed, and various other factors. It is a calculated estimation ONLY, rather like the farcical oil service counter - it does NOT measure anything physically whatsoever.

jruiz14
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by jruiz14 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:09 pm

I meant that you can see in real time how the saturation of the filter rises and falls, the calculation is estimated as you say. but it allows you to see when it will regenerate

Post Reply