OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
aquascape

Re: OBD Bluetooth Adapter

Post by aquascape » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:07 am

Is your a GH year VIN number?
Discovery Sport HSE Luxury MY16 180 DieselCorris Grey, Black Pack, Side Steps, Paddleshift
Retrofitted Rear Headrest DVD Screens

jruiz14

Post by jruiz14 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:41 pm

GH09xxxx

aquascape

Post by aquascape » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Interesting it works for you on an early my2016 GH vin. Manufacturer said it won’t work with my car. Might order one on Amazon and try it as should be able to send it back if it doesn’t work
Discovery Sport HSE Luxury MY16 180 DieselCorris Grey, Black Pack, Side Steps, Paddleshift
Retrofitted Rear Headrest DVD Screens

woolz

Post by woolz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:08 pm

aquascape wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 pm
Interesting it works for you on an early my2016 GH vin. Manufacturer said it won’t work with my car. Might order one on Amazon and try it as should be able to send it back if it doesn’t work
Did you order it?
My vin also gh566

47MBC

Post by 47MBC » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:41 pm

I have finally seen passive regen working at its best. I did a long trip of about 400 km, mostly motorways, I had 93% the value of DPF regen trigger at start and arrived at my destination with 84% , only passive regen has taken place during this trip. Eventually next day I had to do a 40 km trip on B roads, so I've immediately reached 100% and an active regen happened. In total I did 676 km between active regens - 420 miles.
I have done this trip many times in the past, but never was the passive regen so effective, it only slowed down the trigger value rising. This time I was able to see it it dropping as soon as I've exceeded 110 km/h (70 mph). The only different thing was the ambient temperatures, around 0 degrees C, which in fact, according to theory, it should have dropped the exhaust temperatures especially at the DPF and impacted negatively.
But I believe that my AdBlu injector was blocked most of the time due to low temperatures, it does that frequently at below zero and I have an error code P20FU (which means AdBlu dosage error, it clears itself at first correct trip).
So I have run like an Euro5 vehicle, no AdBlu, and the passive regeneration was working, I'm curious what others might think about that? Or it was due to the below zero temperatures? No idea, will keep monitoring now that the error code has cleared but the sub zero temperatures are still here.
MY17 180 TD4 AT

jruiz14

Post by jruiz14 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 pm

It is because of the outside temperature that I have noticed this week in Madrid with temperatures of -5 degrees, with cold air the combustion is good and does not generate black smoke. On the highway it cleans more than it dirties the filter.

The same thing happened to me

jruiz14

Post by jruiz14 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:22 pm

cold air has more oxygen and improves combustion

woolz

Post by woolz » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:12 am

47MBC wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:41 pm
I have finally seen passive regen working at its best. I did a long trip of about 400 km, mostly motorways, I had 93% the value of DPF regen trigger at start and arrived at my destination with 84% , only passive regen has taken place during this trip. Eventually next day I had to do a 40 km trip on B roads, so I've immediately reached 100% and an active regen happened. In total I did 676 km between active regens - 420 miles.
I have done this trip many times in the past, but never was the passive regen so effective, it only slowed down the trigger value rising. This time I was able to see it it dropping as soon as I've exceeded 110 km/h (70 mph). The only different thing was the ambient temperatures, around 0 degrees C, which in fact, according to theory, it should have dropped the exhaust temperatures especially at the DPF and impacted negatively.
But I believe that my AdBlu injector was blocked most of the time due to low temperatures, it does that frequently at below zero and I have an error code P20FU (which means AdBlu dosage error, it clears itself at first correct trip).
So I have run like an Euro5 vehicle, no AdBlu, and the passive regeneration was working, I'm curious what others might think about that? Or it was due to the below zero temperatures? No idea, will keep monitoring now that the error code has cleared but the sub zero temperatures are still here.
are you sure it was passive? my new VW passat conducts active regen anything above 90%...

woolz

Post by woolz » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 am

aquascape wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 pm
hi - have you ordered one? i contacted autel yesterday to advise which version on their products will work with mine...

47MBC

Post by 47MBC » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:57 pm

woolz wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:12 am
47MBC wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:41 pm
are you sure it was passive? my new VW passat conducts active regen anything above 90%...
Definitely passive, I have a PID differentiating between the two. In my case I have never seen an active regen starting until trigger reaches 100%.
Today I did the same trip, even colder climate (-5), but this time without any error codes present. No more passive regeneration, the trigger value increased slowly, but steadily. I'm curious how the AdBlu injection affects the SCRF performance in regards to soot buildup.
MY17 180 TD4 AT