Can you reset oil service mileage on 18MY DS?

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
SailorDoc

Can you reset oil service mileage on 18MY DS?

Post by SailorDoc » Sun May 26, 2019 9:22 pm

I’m investigating the option of doing the oil dilution interim oil changes required between services myself, but am unclear whether it is possible to reset the oil service mileage yourself or not. I know the technique described in this forum by BFGDFSMan is not supposed to work with the 18MY cars, and nobody seems to have used the iCarsoft diagnostic tool, so I ‘m reluctant to splurge the cash on that as the manufacturers haven’t replied to my queries as yet.

So, is there a way to reset the oil service indicator other than having access to Pathfinder? Obviously it’s not worth doing it myself if I can’t reset the indicator.
MY18 DS SE Tech 180HP Automatic Santorini Black

SailorDoc

Re: Can you reset oil service mileage on 18MY DS?

Post by SailorDoc » Sun May 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Right, I’ve just answered my own question by just going out and trying the technique described by BFGDSMan in the video below. I can confirm that for the 18 MY following the procedure DOES reset the oil service indication back to the mileage it would have been since your last proper service. e.g. for me as I had done 2000miles since the 21000 miles service it reset the oil service indicator to 19000 miles. Thus you can do interim oil changes yourself, but not the full services. Now I just need to write down the old figures and subtract from the oil service indicator to make sure I change the oil on time! :D

MY18 DS SE Tech 180HP Automatic Santorini Black

DiscoSportDave

Re: Can you reset oil service mileage on 18MY DS?

Post by DiscoSportDave » Mon May 27, 2019 10:47 am

That’s interesting to know. I thought the engine software monitored oil dilution/condition so theoretically if it was now seeing better lubrication conditions it should increase the time to service anyway ? I know from experience topping up Audi’s and BMW’s if old with a litre of clean oil could extend the service by up to 1000 miles
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”