New DS owner - turbo failure

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Martin.rgm

Re: New DS owner - turbo failure

Post by Martin.rgm » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:56 pm

Just shocking , main dealer aswel, wife and children all in A&E this afternoon, blood test results show elevated levels of carbon monoxide in all 3 of them ... Legal advice already being sought. Words fail me , honestly never thought this sort of thing would happen to us

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:25 am

Well firstly i hope the family recover fully and quickly with no future effects - thats the most important part.

I don; trust ANY dealership, havent done for 20+ years - this is yet another example of why
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:30 pm

No doubt you'll want to be careful what you post and how often, but any reaction from LR ?
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

Martin.rgm

Post by Martin.rgm » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:01 pm

So the car went straight back to lr following the gas leak into the cabin , after much arguing , I have now been refunded and am financially where I was to begin with . It did not come easy , it was a fight , with their official line being " we"re not all perfect " and initially refusing full refund and charging me per mile that I've done in the car ....
Anyway money refunded , car returned and lesson learned . Hopefully they take it more seriously than they seem to be suggesting to me , and put in place measures to make sure it doesn't happen to another family