EGR fault

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
22gwr

EGR fault

Post by 22gwr » Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 pm

My DS 16.5 went in on Tuesday, Wednesday lunch they called and confirmed fault and due to bulletin had been logged with JLR tech support.
Friday pm get a call, err please can we have our RRS back and put you in a JLR fleet car as we have a list of work we think needs two days to complete.
Anyone had EGR issues, assume if JLR have a bulletin there must be a pattern emerging? Had EGR issues on the old pathfinder fixed with a blanking plate, don't think that will work this time.
Ordered MY2016.5 Discovery Sport SE Tech 180 manual
Corris grey, roof rails, detachable tow bar and service pack
Was due 4th Jan now 1st March from Harwoods Crawley

Past master

Re: EGR fault

Post by Past master » Sun May 14, 2017 10:42 pm

I assume they will collect their RRS and bring out the replacement? You could be miles away!
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black
Now replaced with MY19 D180 Evoque S (new shape)

22gwr

Post by 22gwr » Mon May 15, 2017 9:58 am

I'm just to easy on them, perhaps an invoice for my time at Saturday rates is in order...

22gwr

Post by 22gwr » Thu May 18, 2017 8:26 pm

So it's taken 4 more days to do the diags requested by JLR who have said the EGR needs changing.
With the tech support referral delays, extra diagnostics and parts on backorder suggests a bigger problem, parts due 25th so in their DS HSE for at least another week.
Keeping the miles down on mine

DiscoOHM

Post by DiscoOHM » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:33 pm

Mine is a MY16 ingenium auto, September 2015 built. It is currently in for an EGR issue indicated by the EML flashing up. LR assistance came out on 19th May, reset the P049B-00 code "Exhaust Gas Recirculation "B" Flow Insufficient Detected" and was told to drive the vehicle and it will clear itself over time of soot in the exhaust... 10 days later, even after a 190 mile motorway trip the EML came back on. As advised by the first LR assist tech and also JLR Assistance, as there was no loss of power and only a solid EML orange lamp, I drove the vehicle the 200 miles home down the motorway.

Called LR Assist out again, the tech said it needed a new EGR valve, new EGR cooler and new SCR as they were all clogged up with sh1t. The dealer has since confirmed this is the case under warranty. Vehicle is currently "VOR" at the dealer waiting for parts.

My vehicle is an EX-JLR MCP Scheme vehicle, bought in Feb 2017 with 15200 miles on the clock, The EGR issue first appeared at ~16900 miles and re triggered at ~17200 miles. In my ownership the vehicle has always been run on decent "branded" fuels. I also always ensure when driving at above 50MPH and the engine being warmed up fully to use the engine rev band to help clear any soot build up within the SCR and EGR systems as effectively as possible.

I owed a Diesel 163ps Kuga for 4 1/2 years and put 54k miles on it from new. In similar driving habit to my DS does.... never having an issue with the DPF or EGR, as I always used decent fuel in this vehicle also.

I am a little concerned as the route B EGR circuit in a DS is classed as a LP-EGR (Low pressure exhaust gas recirculation system) and thus enters the engine inlet before the turbo..... I have asked the dealer to check the turbo to ensure that no damage has been caused.... They do seem very blasé about the situation...... but unfortunately for the dealership, I understand exhaust systems and emissions control devices quite well....... being a design engineer of exhaust management systems for multi billion dollar semiconductor fabs. I will keep you posted on progress.
Sept 2015 - Discovery Sport HSE Luxury Black 180Ps Ingenium Auto.

viszoom

Post by viszoom » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 pm

I am owner of 2015 discovery sports and within 40,000 miles on odometer there was amber engine warning sign, subsequent of visit to guy salmon dealership after almost a month same fault appear again..

I am quite concern about performance of one of the high end british make car...

any one experienced same fault ?

Larryland

Post by Larryland » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Mine is in at the moment second EGR IN two months. Did you get a resolution to yours ?

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”