9 Spd Auto Box Snatching?

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
AjM

9 Spd Auto Box Snatching?

Post by AjM » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:36 am

Hello,
I am not sure if this is a characteristic or an issue? When using normal throttle or mild throttle the gearbox snatches in both upshift and downshift. Is this normal? I have not had a car with 9 gears before, 7 is my limit and I have never had this issue from a modern gearbox.
When mashing the throttle it is fine.
Thanks,
Image Finally! Disco Sport HSE Luxury Black

EYR

Re: 9 Spd Auto Box Snatching?

Post by EYR » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:58 am

No, it's not normal. With mild throttle the up changes are very smooth, and slightly more noticeable with more pressing of the throttle as the change needs to be quicker. Down changes again follow the same rule but all in all it's a very good and smooth gearbox.
Not sure how long you have had the car but maybe the previous owner drove differently to you as it is a gearbox that adapts to the driver, or maybe the garage has reset the gearbox and it will take a few miles to re-learn to your driving habit.
Santorini black DS 180 MY16 Auto, Xenons, Electric deployable towball, Rear camera and new non rattly tailgate struts.

AjM

Post by AjM » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:03 am

Ah ok, good point. I have only had the car 2 weeks! The old fuzzy logic needs to learn, hopefully that is it.
Thanks,
Image Finally! Disco Sport HSE Luxury Black

roadster

Post by roadster » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:06 am

I agree its not normal but I can't see any point in waiting if you have a car which is already run in. Of course if its brand new it may need a few miles on the clock but otherwise you should return it to the seller/dealer immediately. The one good thing about this box is that changes are usually only detectable by watching the rev. counter.
2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”