Discovery Sport Forum banner

SSM73697

49K views 82 replies 16 participants last post by  DiskoSport17 
#1 ·
#77 ·
roydonaldson said:
Does SSM73697 exist still ? When I search topix, all I can seem to come up with is LTB01164v2 Auto Amber Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Warnings.
Perhaps it has been changed to an LTB, without seeing the contents its hard to say.
Try downloading it and you may find the answer.

It's not the first time though that an SSM has dissapeared , thus its worth copying them out when you have paid for access.
The SSM has made it to the Financial Ombudsman during several rejections, resulting in questions being put to JLR ( awkward) . In one case JLR were blatant enough to say they hadn't heard of it, until a copy was sent to them . They further denied that the customers DPF could be found after removal , strange as it was sent back from the dealer to them ( serial number included).
So there are several possibilities , and Ivsuppose several theories .

Try searching for some of the text and see if it throughs up the new LTB ??

#78 ·
Barnsh said:
Chippy said:
Barnsh said:
JLR won't change the defective components on those that don't notice it.

There ..,, that sums it up too :)
It doesn't make it right but that is completely standard practice in the automotive business.
And for that matter in other areas of business as well.
Yep,
But the point some may miss , is the software control of the SCRF is limited to reading pressure across it to detect full soot loading ( also % of soot amount is gained) from these two sensors either side of the box. We know that 36% full of soot is the trigger for active regeneration, we know over 80% full of soot is a dealer regeneration .

So everyone with this substandard, poor quality , faulty ( which ever one you want to call it ) box IS affected to some degree when doing short runs as part if their "mixed driving " style. Just because we don't see the light does not mean we are unaffected to some degree.

This FB marked box is being replaced with another box which will fix the issue for some not all , and that has to be cost .

Whilst I'm still helping some one reject over faulty DPF, they never saw the light as per this document Although the code was registered.( happened last July ....yes long drawn out fight)
Further engineering input from JLR about this vehicle , when pushed into a corner , they then diagnosed the light was only available to be seen for 2.1 seconds , JLR immediately changed tack and agreed to pay for the DPF replacement as good will. They stated "they could not expect a driver to be able to see this light due to its short duration of illumination'. This precedes this document by 6 months . But this document is now submitted as part of their case.

People that are unaware of this SMM are very much at the hands if the dealer network . Will they be charged £1500 and told it's their driving style or will the dealer find this document?
Hi there, we are currently having DPF issues with our evoque, the roadside assist guy tried to force a regen and said the % on ours was 46% and therefore had to go to the dealer. They got the car and have now said that %46 means the DPF has had it and needs a new one! They have rejected as a warranty claim which we are fighting at the minute.

When I spoke to the technician at the garage he stated that over 46% means the DPF cannot be regenerated even at dealership. This doesn't fit in with the above figures and doesnt make sense as to why the roadside guy would bother sending us to the garage in the first place.

I have asked that they check for th FB code on the SCRF but have had no joy with them doing this.

I am seriously thinking we may have to end up rejecting the car as I am not paying for a new DPF, they have initially offered 60% of the cost as " good will" which they increased as a final offer to 75% yesterday!

#79 ·
Barnsh said:
roydonaldson said:
Does SSM73697 exist still ? When I search topix, all I can seem to come up with is LTB01164v2 Auto Amber Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Warnings.
Perhaps it has been changed to an LTB, without seeing the contents its hard to say.
Try downloading it and you may find the answer.

It's not the first time though that an SSM has dissapeared , thus its worth copying them out when you have paid for access.
The SSM has made it to the Financial Ombudsman during several rejections, resulting in questions being put to JLR ( awkward) . In one case JLR were blatant enough to say they hadn't heard of it, until a copy was sent to them . They further denied that the customers DPF could be found after removal , strange as it was sent back from the dealer to them ( serial number included).
So there are several possibilities , and Ivsuppose several theories .

Try searching for some of the text and see if it throughs up the new LTB ??
Sorry for the tardy reply but I just realised I'd previously downloaded this one plus another couple of DPF issues.

View attachment LTB01164V2 - DPF Warning Lights.pdf View attachment LTB01168v2 - DPF Red Warning Lamp on IC.pdf LTB01242v2 - Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - Vehicles With Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) - Heatshield Rattle.pdf

This one might be connected with the first two above:
View attachment N170v2 - Amber and or Red DPF Warning - Manual Transmission.pdf

Attachments

#80 ·
Rediscovery said:
...Sorry for the tardy reply but I just realised I'd previously downloaded this one plus another couple of DPF issues.
You only joined in Sept. 2019 so I'm not sure why you are apologising, are you are getting your userids mixed up??? ;)

#82 ·
I know this is an old post but just wanted an opinion on the 'FB' part code please!
My car is a few months out of warranty but if it had part code ending with 'FB', would it be a free of charge replacement SCRF? Or am I dreaming!?

It's a MY2018 Sd4 240bhp (37k miles) and I've never had an amber or red dpf light. What I do have all of a sudden is an EML with fault P049B. It first came on during a recent long drive. I cleared it when I got home, then it reappeared a few days later.

Everything I've read points to blocked EGR cooler filter. But that would only happen if the SCRF is broken I'm guessing. There's a bit of soot on the tailpipes too but I don't know how much (if any) is considered normal. It's a light coating.

Either way, it's looking like a new SCRF and EGR cooler filter if not an entire EGR cooler.

Any advice people!? Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.