Discovery Sport Forum banner

N010 and N020

12K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  VeryDiscoSport 
#1 ·
On TOPIx: N010 or N020 SERVICE WARNING MESSAGE NOT DISPLAYED. Has anyone discovered yet what these are about? Came up in another post but that's gone a bit quiet, so I thought I'd start a new thread.
My car has already had the previous service warning update done, plus oil and filter change, but now it has N020 outstanding!

#4 ·
N020 now showing as unavailable without subscription, whereas previous there was no document attached. So it looks like there's something to read, anyone got a subscription to check?

#7 ·
More importantly, since your DS is busy squirting extra diesel into the engine every now and again for the DPF burn, it will tell you when it's worked out the engine oil is contaminated with too much diesel and so needs an 'unplanned' service....

#8 ·
elkrider said:
According to my dealer it will finally enable the car to show you when the next service is due, like the 2017 year models do.
That makes sense. At present the car only flags up the service due notice when service is coming up or when the car thinks it needs an "oil service". It would be useful to be able to check how many miles to next service, in the same way that I can check how many miles to next Adblue topup.

#9 ·
My car did show N020 but that disappeared before they did the first service and there is no "miles to service" setting showing anywhere on the vehicle menus after they have serviced it

#10 ·
I think they stopped one of these updates dueto it causing issues according to discovery5 forum. So it may reappear again once fixed.

#12 ·
aquascape said:
My car did show N020 but that disappeared before they did the first service and there is no "miles to service" setting showing anywhere on the vehicle menus after they have serviced it
No, N010 / N020 was to make the countdown to service work when cranking the engine, and only when a service is required in 1500 miles or less. Q627 initially tried to fix it, N010 / N020 made it work properly (for me anyway).

N010 / N020 won't display the service mileage in the menu (with the Adblue mileage). N020 had the additional benefit of writing to you (Owner Notified Programme) for an oil change as they thought you'd need one (in your case I assume as it was in for service anyway no need to contact you).

N025 is splitting the oil and service counters and resets (last I heard due this week). I assume DS older than MY17 will never display a service mileage in the menu.

#13 ·
I have had N020 reappear in topix for my car again this week. It was previously listed for my car then disappeared.

I have also got N025 independent oil dilution counter reset listed now as well

#14 ·
For a MY16? That's interesting. I was told it didn't apply to mine. Off to TOPIx to check!
Edit: Yes, I've now got the N025 that didn't apply to my car, plus
N118 Service required message not displayed and Service reset function not working.
That's a new one. Might as well leave it until the next oil change is due - oh, hang on, does that mean it won't tell me it's due???

#17 ·
Dashnine said:
aquascape said:
No, N010 / N020 was to make the countdown to service work when cranking the engine, and only when a service is required in 1500 miles or less. Q627 initially tried to fix it, N010 / N020 made it work properly (for me anyway).

N010 / N020 won't display the service mileage in the menu (with the Adblue mileage). N020 had the additional benefit of writing to you (Owner Notified Programme) for an oil change as they thought you'd need one (in your case I assume as it was in for service anyway no need to contact you).

N025 is splitting the oil and service counters and resets (last I heard due this week). I assume DS older than MY17 will never display a service mileage in the menu.
Correct my MY15 does not display a mileage to next service due in the menu, it only alerts when there is a service due each year, just like the Freelander did.

#18 ·
Dashnine said:
More importantly, since your DS is busy squirting extra diesel into the engine every now and again for the DPF burn, it will tell you when it's worked out the engine oil is contaminated with too much diesel and so needs an 'unplanned' service....
Indeed I'm on my second "service due" at 12,000 miles !!! :evil: :roll: :evil:

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.