ADB78

Re: N270 Exhaust Manifold to DOC Connection

Post by ADB78 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:16 pm

great read and hopefully ..gulp . all sorted
2015 DS 2.2 HSE LUX , BLACK PACK WITH A RUBBISH INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM :D

Nickk

Post by Nickk » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:38 pm

I am inclined to think that LR have not taken this seriously as the problem exists in my MY20 car.
Like many, we noticed fumes in the car normally after a shortish journey at constant speed then coming to a junction stop. The smell then invades the cabin. We reported this and had the car in for checks (other issues as well) and they reported no fault found. Long story short, we ended up being advised by LR that we should call LR assist who duly arrived, found the problem in 10 mins and created this report.

"Customer reports can smell exhaust fumes inside vehicle 1. Run diagnostics, no related dtcs2. Check live data and has done 41 miles since last diesel particulate filter regeneration, soot content @93. Remove turbo clamp heat shield and found signs of an exhaust leak, not excessive but leaking Suspect turbo gasket and clamp required"
This tallied with our last "fumes event" which was approx 40 mins from home :)

The car was delivered on Oct 31st, ex factory early October - so despite the plethora of reports, the factory are still knocking out faulty units.

I'm just glad that we got a definitive cause after a slopey shouldered service department were unable to.

Now, onto that other pesky problem ...
R Dynamic HSE D240 in Firenze Red, Panoramic Roof, Matrix LED, Electronic Tow Bar & Tow Assist, Windor Leather in Oyster / Ebony - Build Date Oct 4th :)

Pauld

Post by Pauld » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:02 pm

Looks like the same old faults are reappearing in the new model, has there been any reported DPF/ EGR problems reported.
DS 150 bog standard Fuji white detachable towbar full size spare wheel
40+ cars gone ranging from mk2 cortina to Mazda rx8
Landrover owner since 2005

Nickk

Post by Nickk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:31 pm

This is the LR Assist report I got:
Seems to be same as this thread?

Scheme Number
LAND ROVER ASSISTANCE
Model
DISCOVERY SPORT
Vehicle Registration Number

Vehicle's Mileage

How we assisted
Customer reports can smell exhaust fumes inside vehicle 1. Run diagnostics, no related dtcs2. Check live data and has done 41 miles since last diesel particulate filter regeneration, soot content @93. Remove turbo clamp heat shield and found signs of an exhaust leak, not excessive but leaking Suspect turbo gasket and clamp required
R Dynamic HSE D240 in Firenze Red, Panoramic Roof, Matrix LED, Electronic Tow Bar & Tow Assist, Windor Leather in Oyster / Ebony - Build Date Oct 4th :)

in_the_end

Post by in_the_end » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:37 am

Hi Nickk, so they actually found that there was a leak.

I have no noticeable smells in the car unless a regen is or has recently happened, if I stop at a junction somewhere I then get that familiar regen smell. I assumed it was normal, but you were getting clear exhaust smells in the car at other times?
MY20 SE D180

Nickk

Post by Nickk » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi in the end. Yes, it was my Wife that pointed it out.
I thought it was normal, but when she noticed it and flagged it with me, it was then obviously fumes. Even when stopping when regenerating I don't think you should be getting fumes in the car so it sounds like you may need a replacement gasket like us.
That was the outcome for us, and they are apparently working on fitting the new one today.