Radiator fans keep running

Forum for Land Rover Technical Documents & Bulletins
Petedm

Radiator fans keep running

Post by Petedm » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm

Hello new to this forum so apologies if I’m doing things wrong but have a four, now nearly five month old UK spec 240 hp discovery sport Petrol HSE which is exhibiting radiator fan problems. They continue to run whilst engine is running and before engine is anywhere near normal running temperature. Even when this is reached fans still run continuously and only stop when ignition is turned off. Any ideas. It’s been back to the dealership once and couldn’t find a problem but now after the second investigation, with reference to Land Rover technical services, they think the problem has been cured but I’m not convinced and I had actually rejected the vehicle before the second attempted fix. I need evidence from anybody who might have purchased a similar vehicle prior to September 2018 as I intend rejecting the vehicle but need proof that Land Rover were aware of this problem prior to that date. Many Thanks

Canuk

Re: Radiator fans keep running

Post by Canuk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:16 pm

My 2016 gas model's fan runs at low speed all the time as did my Merc gas model. Both sped up when the going required it. The temperature stayed much more stable than other cars with a temperature switch with a set turn on .

Not sure about the newer engine but unless it running at top speed I would not worry.
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

Return to “Technical Documents & Bulletins”