Gearbox fault!

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
disco1985

Gearbox fault!

Post by disco1985 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:34 pm

This afternoon we returned to our car whilest out shopping to find “gearbox fault”. The gear selector doesn’t turn so we are literally stranded until roadside comes. We have a 2016/16 Disco Sport HSE Black Diesel with only 16k on the clock.

Has anyone had a similar experiance?

dougal74

Re: Gearbox fault!

Post by dougal74 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Not stranded yet, but in a restricted mode on the available gears as of this morning. Looking through various posts, lots seem to be intermittent and "cured" by the car being off for a while. Quite a few have been over-sensitive sensor related (camshaft or EGR).
MY2016 DS TD4 (180PS) HSE Luxury, Auto, Corris/Ammonite Grey, Ebony Leather, Black Pack w/contrast roof, Privacy Glass, Driver Assistance Pack

wrexin

Post by wrexin » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 pm

hello, I just got a 2018 lr dport and i just went through this. Merging on the freeway then gearbox failure and all sorts or other alerts. called LR they came and got it. Said they had to replace the tranny, the car has 500mi on it. when replacing the tranny they found that the replacement had a small crack in it so... finally got it back. 600 mi on it and it's on it's third tranny.

....and now I've got no audio. grrrrrrreat

disco1985

Post by disco1985 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Quick update,

Still without my Disco however I've been provided with a replacement vehicle until repairs are carried out. So far they've replaced the gearbox module, another componant to do with the selector and now we are waiting on a gearbox ECU. This has really put me off the vehicle as we've not long had it, just glad it has the warranty on there!

Return to “Faults & Technical”