Intermittent door locking

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
D3GGY

Intermittent door locking

Post by D3GGY » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 am

I was suffering with the car not locking on touching the door handle and would try many of the handles and eventually get it to lock, or I would have to revert to using the fob.

Then I found the green streak, I have posted about it elsewhere but thought it valid to start a new thread.

It went in to the garage this week to get a new handle and “fix” the issue.

Picked the car up and immediately sent it back in as there was still a green streak. Not cleaned it off the door, seriously? How could I be confident the paintwork under the handle had been cleaned before they put the handle on.

Then I took the car away and used it all day then came the issue, got home, tried to lock the car and it wouldn’t lock. Guess who isn’t happy.

Going to see what occurs today and then it will be a call to the dealer.

For those who didn’t see the before streaks, here you go.

HSE Lux Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel. Delivered 14/3/17 :D

Chippy

Re: Intermittent door locking

Post by Chippy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:28 am

Bad news indeed D3. It seems as though you’ve got a particularly disinterested dealer or am I mistaken?
Gone

Rogc

Post by Rogc » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:14 am

Are you touching or swiping across the button. I found touching a bit hit and miss, gently swipe your finger across and it works 100%. Not saying that this will resolve your problem, and certainly not the corrosion, but worth trying.
MY18 HSE Lux Dynamic in Corris Gray Diesel 180HP, electric deployable towbar, surround camera system, in control pro.
https://sites.google.com/view/discovery-sport-1/home

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 am

That's not good D33GY , I'd have expected it to be all cleaned up first before fitting new.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

xxtrail

Post by xxtrail » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 pm

My drivers door had failed to lock or double lock on many occasions since about 3 days old. A month or so ago it stopped completely. I showed my service manager and said that my driver's door almost always wasn't locking or double locking by touching the handle dimple, similar, but to a lesser extent on offside rear door. Nearside doors worked fine. Luckily it was problematical when he tried them.

They've fitted new offside door handle assemblies (first they had to be sprayed in the body shop). Since getting the car back they're working fine. The car was washed and valeted before it was returned to me. I've not suffered the 'green streaks' in 3 years of ownership.

My car was originally in for a new Telematics unit, but I mentioned the door problem and it was all done at the same time. Very pleased with my dealer.
HSE Auto, Fuji White with Almond & Ebony Interior. Body Coloured Roof, 19" wheels, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Service pack.

Dealer: Roger Young, Saltash, Cornwall.

D3GGY

Post by D3GGY » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 am

my door locking issue hasn’t gone away
HSE Lux Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel. Delivered 14/3/17 :D

simonpr6

Post by simonpr6 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:41 pm

My DS has been into LR today for intermittent touch door locking, they said they couldn't really find any problem. They then said that there is a bulletin relating to problems with moisture ingress with the door handles, it is now booked in for new handles. Hopefully this will sort the problem.

Return to “Faults & Technical”