DPF Fault !!!!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
PaulCP

Re: DPF Fault !!!!!

Post by PaulCP » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 am

Have been keeping an eye on when my regens happen this month although only way I can tell is by the much increased fuel consumption. I've never had the light on to tell me the DPF is full.

Car hasn't been used a great deal this month apart from frequent journeys to the gym which is 16 miles, 90% along dual carriageway but with 8 roundabouts to negotiate but very little traffic. There was 130 miles between the last 2 regens, both of which were no doubt interrupted hence dumping copious amounts of fuel into the oil.

Historically I wouldn't regard these journeys as particularly short but evidently they are far too short for this engine.
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:20 am

I did 45 motorway miles yesterday, then 3 short (3-5 miles each, in and out of town) then on the 12 mile trip to work (40-50mph B road) it decides to do a regen! Go figure!
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 am

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:20 am
I did 45 motorway miles yesterday, then 3 short (3-5 miles each, in and out of town) then on the 12 mile trip to work (40-50mph B road) it decides to do a regen! Go figure!
It has two options to active regen according to JLR docs
It's met the pressure limit
It's 250 miles since the last one

There's a mileage trigger too at 250 miles, so full DPF or not your going to get a regeneration.

The DPF software incorporates a mileage trigger which is used as back-up for active regeneration. If active regeneration has not been initiated by a back pressure signal from the differential pressure sensor, regeneration is requested based on distance travelled.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm

It would be interesting to find out how much diesel is injected into the engine during a regen. If it's triggered every 250 miles, then over 84 cycles between theoretical services, little wonder the oil is seeing dilution! Assuming the mean average of members on this forum reporting circa 12000 miles is throwing the oil service, thats still 48 post combustion injections of diesel.

I wonder just how much diesel a regen uses to burn the soot off.....if we could find that out, it wouldn't be difficult to calculate back just how much is going into the sump.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Here's how the system works for those that haven't seen it

IMG_2511.PNG

IMG_2512.PNG

IMG_2513.PNG

IMG_2514.PNG

My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Tarantoguy

Post by Tarantoguy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:13 am

The car has been into the dealership and one of the sensors was replaced. At the time we were told that this would solve the problem. Surprise, surprise, the problem still exists.
The mechanics at the dealership have told my wife and I to drive the car at a constant 90kph for 20 mins which will clear the amber warning and facilitate active regeneration. We have done this twice now and sure enough the warning clears itself only to return after 1 week of town driving (45 klm). The car has been into the workshop (6th time) and the test equipment indicates that regeneration has only been successful once.
Before purchasing the car and as most people do, I read many articles, reviews and the usual land rover documentation and did not see any mention that consistent town driving would lead to this issue. Land Rover Italia have been made aware of the issue and at the moment, I am considering the replace the car with a Mercedes GLC.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:49 am

you might want to get yourself a coffee or a large glass of your favourite tipple and read this long thread .

It is possible you were misssold a diesel and could have some recourse depending on the laws in Italy. Uk owners have successfully rejected vehicles as "not fit for purpose" as no warning was given about what JLR call "driving style" in their advertising material. This is admitted in JLRP00100 download/file.php?id=5997

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5379&p=80861&hilit ... val#p80861
MY17 HSE 180 gone

dsaus

Rejection due to exhaust filter (DPF)

Post by dsaus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:58 am

Why can't JLR Australia make a decision about a costumer complaint
We have been emailing them and calling since October and they have gone quiet will not answer emails or return calls as promised
We have a case number since the first email yet as of today they still cant sort it out ?
I think i have spoken to every employee in the office its getting beyond ridiculous
next step is legal action
Has anyone got any advice on this matter ?

Chippy

Re: Rejection due to exhaust filter

Post by Chippy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:18 am

From what you have written and bearing in mind that you seem to have done everything reasonable possible it would seem to me that the the only road you can go down is the one of legal action.

Not living in Australia I'm afraid I have no idea what this involves but I'm sure that someone else on here living there may be able to help.

Good luck.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

green genie

Re: Rejection due to exhaust filter

Post by green genie » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:22 am

Hi dsaus I see from above that you have posted 37 times so far. If you were to add some info of your whereabouts in the world you are and past and present car history (as i.e. Chippy has) it might help US to help YOU !, now and in the future. " Just saying "

It may have been stated within past posts , but not of course obvious here.
Built # March 2016, 180 HSE AINTREE GREEN / ALMOND.
7 Seats, no spare, removable tow bar factory fit. 19" wheels.
Panoramic roof.
Location Hampshire , England.
Bought @ Hunters , Southampton. :D

Return to “Faults & Technical”