DPF Fault !!!!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
apc67

DPF Fault !!!!!

Post by apc67 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Driving home tonight and the car went into limp mode. Phoned LR Assist - they dispatched the AA, AA turn up and run a diagnostic check which shows a DPF fault. Fault cleared, car working again, will chase LR for a replacement tomorrow.
HSE Auto, Scotia Grey, Almond/Ebony Interior, Memory Power Fold Mirrors, Privacy Glass, USB, Spare Wheel, Towbar and Electrics, Service Pack.

srdsol

Re: DPF Fault !!!!!

Post by srdsol » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Out of interest how many miles have you done ?
HSE Auto, Corris Grey / Cirrus, Privacy Glass, Roof Rails, Detachable Tow Bar

KJB

Post by KJB » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:18 am

Hi. I would be interested to hear how this works out. I'm not a Discovery owner but was hoping to become 1. All that will put me off is the DPF problem as the car would be used primarily on short journeys and as we already have an XF 3ltr diesel which I have to use sparingly because of the DPF, I don't want another diesel. I was hoping JLR would put 1 of the new petrol engines they are planning to use in the XE and new XF, but not yet apparently. I was also hoping DPF technology would have improved since 2009-my XF is a 59 reg-but maybe not, given your problem. How are other owners managing-is the DPF a problem, or are you managing to get the right sort of journeys done to keep it healthy?

Keith

apc67

Post by apc67 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:16 am

The fault occurred at 931 miles!
HSE Auto, Scotia Grey, Almond/Ebony Interior, Memory Power Fold Mirrors, Privacy Glass, USB, Spare Wheel, Towbar and Electrics, Service Pack.

srdsol

Post by srdsol » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 am

Dealer told me on collection that if you do lots of short start stop journeys you should give it a blast such as down the motorway now and again to keep it all clear.
HSE Auto, Corris Grey / Cirrus, Privacy Glass, Roof Rails, Detachable Tow Bar

timhum

Post by timhum » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:35 am

We had a 3.0S XF Jaguar where this was a continual problem and so got rid of the car. We've also run an Evoque with the same 2.2 engine as the DS for nearly three years with a real mix of short and longer distance driving and never had any problem. So far we've covered 1200 miles in the DS with no issue. As an aside my wife has just ordered a new Polo and the advice from the salesman was that if you are to do mostly short journeys they recommended the purchase of a petrol engined car.
Tim
HSE auto, replaced with a RRS HSE 3.0d

KJB

Post by KJB » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:47 pm

I think I'll try to see what others report on DPF issues for a while longer but my thinking at the moment is to find something with a petrol engine in it to replace my wife's car and keep the XF for what it's built for. That probably means we won't be getting a Discovery any time soon unless JLR have a change of heart which is disappointing. Surely there's a better way to get rid of diesel soot than setting fire to it but pending some wonderful invention I would have thought there would be enough demand for a petrol engined Discovery Sport to warrant making 1 available.

Discoloz

Post by Discoloz » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:43 pm

As no one else has reported this I think it is too early to draw conclusions and just a niggle on the original posters car. I've got a XF with the 2.2 engine and are a member of two XF forums no major problems with the DPF have being reported and mine has being perfect.
F-Pace 2.0 litre 180ps AWD Portfolio due March 2018

Delivered by Sturgess of Leicester, Discovery Sport HSE Auto, Scotia Grey, Cirrus Leather, Black Roof, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, InControl Secure, Service Pack, Barmeca Tread Plates, 12th June 2015.

apc67

Post by apc67 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:48 pm

My journeys in the car have been 4 x 90 mile trips and then numerous trips of 35 miles with very little around town driving. I am hoping that it was a one of glitch. Other than that, the car is awesome!

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:07 pm

srdsol wrote:Dealer told me on collection that if you do lots of short start stop journeys you should give it a blast such as down the motorway now and again to keep it all clear.

How does that help keep Emissions down ?
HSE Lux Auto, Corris Grey, Adaptive Lights, Privacy Glass, TSR, Spare Wheel, Roof Rails, Side Steps, Mud Flaps.

Return to “Faults & Technical”