Outside temperature sensor issues.

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport

Who's outside temperature gauge reads incorrectly?

Yes - mine reads low sometimes
65%
Yes - mine reads high sometimes
4%
No - mine is fine.
31%

Total votes: 158

Barnsh

Re: Outside temperature sensor issues.

Post by Barnsh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 pm

BFGDSMan wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:37 am
Maybe you should sprinkle this over the dashboard - - apparantly its a tasty fix

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maggi Fix.jpg
We could fill the b pillar with it and put the remains in the sump to soak up some diesel too 😀😀
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

vaise

Post by vaise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am

I had a call from my dealer today, I was lucky that is had this issue while they had it on another matter, so they raised a case last week. Today I have been instructed to take the car in on Friday for a number of 'control module' updates as stated by JLR for this issue. Time will tell......
My17 Black Discovery Sport HSE 150. Cirrus leather. BSM/Rear traffic alert. Australian Spec. Built Feb 2017. Delivered May 1st.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 am

vaise wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am
I had a call from my dealer today, I was lucky that is had this issue while they had it on another matter, so they raised a case last week. Today I have been instructed to take the car in on Friday for a number of 'control module' updates as stated by JLR for this issue. Time will tell......
vaise, will you be asking them what they are proposing to update before they actually start? I ask because it seem as though they may and I stress may be looking at doing some kind of an update regarding service interval (see thread "Service interval).

Just a thought.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

Robbie.H

Post by Robbie.H » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:26 pm

5 days in for me since the specific software update to address this issue.
No problems or low temperatures so far..
Winsor.H

MY16 DS HSE Luxury: Assisted Vehicle Exchange (rejected) due to multiple issues - mainly vibration noise and rattle.

MY17 DS HSE Luxury:
Corris Grey, black pack, privacy glass, In-Control Apps, St.St Undershields,
UK - South of England

vaise

Post by vaise » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Chippy wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 am
vaise wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am
vaise, will you be asking them what they are proposing to update before they actually start? I ask because it seem as though they may and I stress may be looking at doing some kind of an update regarding service interval (see thread "Service interval).

Just a thought.
Ta, I am all over the service interval thread. But I cant really pick and choose what they may or may not update so I will have to leave it up to LandRover to know what they are doing here to fix the temp thing. Re the service due message, it would not bother me if they were to mod the software so that it only alerts half the time (as in over 12% not the current 6% computer 'guestimate'), seeing as by all accounts it is reading high anyway based on the independent oil analysis's. My services would be close to 15,000 klms then, which is what other cars have and a reasonable expectation of how long a car should go between services - a bonus would be if it is still free too as still outside the 34,000 2 year 'deal' - meaning a free oil service every other year based on my driving.
My17 Black Discovery Sport HSE 150. Cirrus leather. BSM/Rear traffic alert. Australian Spec. Built Feb 2017. Delivered May 1st.

dwl20

Post by dwl20 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:11 pm

My DS has just been in for the interim oil change, mentioned the problem about the temperature sensor. They found that the voltage in the door wiring loom was intermittent. They have ordered another wiring loom, under warranty. They did say that they had also done a software upgrade but said this was related to the internal heating. On occasions the heater hadn’t come on.
MY17 DS HSE 180 - Fuji White, Privacy Glass, Heavy Duty 2,500kg Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Pack, InControl Connect Pack, Service Plan.

bjm

Post by bjm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:59 am

I have another first for me. The OAT disappeared all together from the screen for a few seconds. When it came back it also reset the display in the bottom right of the instrument cluster. It came back reading -38°C when it was +24°C outside. You will also notice the bars under the display at bottom right are missing.

I usually have the dash set to display distance to empty.

When it came back...

2017 DS HSE Luxury TD4-180 - Waitomo Grey, privacy glass, reverse traffic detection, HUD, ebony headliner, tow pack, brake controller and tint.

Click here to see what it's like to own this superb piece of British engineering

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:17 am

That’s the first time I’ve heard someone mention that the bars bottom right are missing.

At least he music title “Cold Desert” fits the situation. :D
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

vaise

Post by vaise » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:25 am

You can make them missing though I think by flipping through each of the available options on the bottom right by pressing the button on the end of the stalk to rotate through each. I personally leave it as instant fuel use, as everything else is on the main screen the way i have it.

bjm

Post by bjm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 am

vaise wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:25 am
You can make them missing though I think by flipping through each of the available options on the bottom right by pressing the button on the end of the stalk to rotate through each. I personally leave it as instant fuel use, as everything else is on the main screen the way i have it.
I think you might be missing the point. Have a look at the two photos. On the top one just the bars are missing. On the bottom one they are back. The button on the end of the stalk wasn't touched.

Prior to the display disappearing the bottom right was set to distance to empty...
2017 DS HSE Luxury TD4-180 - Waitomo Grey, privacy glass, reverse traffic detection, HUD, ebony headliner, tow pack, brake controller and tint.

Click here to see what it's like to own this superb piece of British engineering

Return to “Faults & Technical”