Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Past master

Re: Adblue quality warning

Post by Past master » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:40 pm

There is another current thread on this. My car has had the problem twice. There seem to be two causes - one is a software problem that requires an update, the other is a blockage in the injector, or in the unit that the injector fits into. Both bring up the "incorrect quality" message and also "no restarts in 500 miles". It's nothing to do with the adblue quality, or with the quantity in the tank. Which didn't stop my dealer trying to get out of it by asking if I'd topped it up myself. Second (recent) occurrence last week was fixed by LR Assist. The guy seemed to do a thorough job, updating software and cleaning out the injector.
The other thread is located at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4858
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

Percy

Re: Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected

Post by Percy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Since my car software was updated all good no more problems please god and fingers crossed

Badgerface

Re: Adblue quality warning

Post by Badgerface » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Sounds a very familiar story Past Master. Completely replicates mine if truth be told. Dealer telling porkies and trying to blame me, LR Assist proved otherwise.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Topics merged to keep incorrect DEF quality together.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

landrovernut

Post by landrovernut » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Bad Quality DEF warning came up on mine a few days ago while in Guernsey - rang LR assist but found out none in Guernsey. Could only offer me a local garage call out which I declined as not able to upgrade software. Tried Garage on island who sell Mercs, Audis and Land Rovers/Jags etc - all the nice cars. They had the diagnostic kit and the ability to upgrade the soft ware but wouldn't do it in less than 3 days - even after LR Assist spoke to them. What lovely friendly people who wouldn't give me a few minutes to download the software!!!
LR Assist then told me to carry on driving it and hopefully get it on the ferry and back to uk mainland where I could then call them again and they would fix it in 40 minutes for me on the side of the road. I did manage this and drove it back home with the mileage counting down to no starts.
Called LR Assist and it was fixed in 30 minutes with software download 2 hours after getting home.
It is well worth remembering when considering changing your vehicle, the excellent service we get with a trained LR technician on our door step normally within a couple of hours of calling them. What other manufacturer provides this service?
Took delivery 11th Feb 2016 MY 16.5 Disco Sport 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Firenze Red, Contrast Roof Santorini Black, Priviacy Glass.

PhilMabbots17

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:46 pm

landrovernut wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 pm
Bad Quality DEF warning came up on mine a few days ago while in Guernsey - rang LR assist but found out none in Guernsey. Could only offer me a local garage call out which I declined as not able to upgrade software. Tried Garage on island who sell Mercs, Audis and Land Rovers/Jags etc - all the nice cars. They had the diagnostic kit and the ability to upgrade the soft ware but wouldn't do it in less than 3 days - even after LR Assist spoke to them. What lovely friendly people who wouldn't give me a few minutes to download the software!!!
LR Assist then told me to carry on driving it and hopefully get it on the ferry and back to uk mainland where I could then call them again and they would fix it in 40 minutes for me on the side of the road. I did manage this and drove it back home with the mileage counting down to no starts.
Called LR Assist and it was fixed in 30 minutes with software download 2 hours after getting home.
It is well worth remembering when considering changing your vehicle, the excellent service we get with a trained LR technician on our door step normally within a couple of hours of calling them. What other manufacturer provides this service?
Not wishing to sound rude but what other manufacturer needs to ? I thought it very strange when I bought my DS to see that it had two buttons in the roof. After I joined this forum I knew why soon enough.
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
REJECTED: 17MY DS HSE 2.0L 148HP Indus Silver Park Assist Electric Tow Bar

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Call buttons are quite common in newer vehicles, working either through your own phone or a dedicated SIM as per the DS.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:04 am

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:50 pm
Call buttons are quite common in newer vehicles, working either through your own phone or a dedicated SIM as per the DS.
Tend to be a little less used in other makes though :lol:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am

Barnsh wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:04 am
Dashnine wrote:
Never used my LR Assistance button (through the car or otherwise), I have used the Emergency button to report a hedge fire a couple of months ago.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:40 am

Dashnine wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am
Barnsh wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:04 am
Dashnine wrote:
Never used my LR Assistance button (through the car or otherwise), I have used the Emergency button to report a hedge fire a couple of months ago.
Lucky for some ....as we know there are a few good ones around. Consistency is the problem.
It’s a lot of money to gamble with though.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Return to “Faults & Technical”