Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Chalkey

Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected

Post by Chalkey » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:41 pm

I was out with my family this evening for a family meal, which was a about a 70 mile round trip. Which is good for my car as most of our journeys are short. On our way home a warning came up with a amber sign saying " No engine restarts in 515 miles. Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected". I've only done about 7000 miles wondering if my blu stuff needs topping up, I will phone Landrover tomorrow.
2016 MY HSE 150 bhp (5 seat) Firenze Red, cold climate pack, privacy glass, space saver spare wheel, body side moulding, mud flaps, black roof rails, lifeshine, smart insurance, service plan.

Chippy

Re: Fault warning sign ?

Post by Chippy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 am

It could well need a refill especially if it wasn't completely full at handover which seems to have been the case with a number of members cars.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:19 am

Top up will be free as you have the service plan.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:23 pm

When I picked up my my16.5 DS I was told it was about 13000 miles 'ish
When I picked up my replacement MY 17DS 8 months later I was told this has changed to @9000 miles as it now uses more. I was told this was to ensure they don't get caught out like VW, so I can only guess the qty of useage has increased at some point.

I do wonder if at some point MY15/16 will have a sneaky software update to make them use more too ? :shock: :roll:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Barnsh wrote:When I picked up my my16.5 DS I was told it was about 13000 miles 'ish
When I picked up my replacement MY 17DS 8 months later I was told this has changed to @9000 miles as it now uses more. I was told this was to ensure they don't get caught out like VW, so I can only guess the qty of useage has increased at some point.

I do wonder if at some point MY15/16 will have a sneaky software update to make them use more too ? :shock: :roll:
It was very much the same with my MY17 compared to MY16 Barnsch. I wouldn't put it past any company to, as you put it, sneakily update the software.

Chalkey

Post by Chalkey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi sorry for the delay in posting landrover came out, re-set the computer it didn't need a blue top. I will have to keep an eye out in case it happens again.
2016 MY HSE 150 bhp (5 seat) Firenze Red, cold climate pack, privacy glass, space saver spare wheel, body side moulding, mud flaps, black roof rails, lifeshine, smart insurance, service plan.

DONE

Post by DONE » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Chalkey wrote:Hi sorry for the delay in posting landrover came out, re-set the computer it didn't need a blue top. I will have to keep an eye out in case it happens again.
Interesting. See AddBlue thread. My dealer said they would monitor my usage on refilled tank after 6000 miles for first tankful,and if necessary reset the injectors. Not sure if that's possible or if the newer cars are calibrated to use more to overcome emission requirements.
Discovery Sport HSE 180 Auto, Loire Blue, MY17
Electric tow bar, Full size spare, mud flaps front and rear.
75k Service Pack.
Ordered 25.7.16 Delivered 30.09.16
Guy Salmon Thames Ditton

Chalkey

Post by Chalkey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Just read the breakdown report and it stated :- correct fluid levels, power train control module at lowest level. Reset monitor and carried out a drive cycle now 5778 miles till empty.

wolfy

Adblue quality warning

Post by wolfy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Just had this warning again and it's now getting beyond a joke, so far this year to date the car has had a week with one dealer an afternoon with a JL technician then a further two week with another dealer with the same fault, each time I was told it's sorted this is addition to bits of trim falling on the moterway, camera stopped working, having to take it in to have various rattles sorted, vibration from speakers recalls 1,2,and 3. The car is only 18 months old, for now thankfully all the faults are being sorted FOC love the car to bits when it's right but seriously contemplating what to do when nearing end of warranty ?? Are there so called rouge cars out there and have I got one, or are Landrovers the same.
Manual 2.0 TD4 180 Ingenium HSE- Fuji White, side steps,Mud Flaps Detachable Tow Bar and Service Pack

Chippy

Re: Adblue quality warning

Post by Chippy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:26 am

I do, indeed hope that everything is now sorted out for you. To your question as to what to do towards the end of the guarantee period I'd be tempted to keep it anyway but at the end of the day it's going to be up to you.

Enjoy the DS so long as you have got it anyway.

Return to “Faults & Technical”