Heater/Air Con Fan not working.

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
depicus

Re: Air Conditioning Problem

Post by depicus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Barnsh wrote:Any news when you get yours back ? Seems ages since it happened.
Don't get me started, the crash was 3rd December and repair time was estimated at 67 hours. Raj at Central Motors in Hayes have been truly s**t and lied about when it would be ready. They originally said 28th December and then each week it's "...it will be ready Thursday/Friday..." and it's been going on like that all of January. I was told last week it would be Wednesday of this week then on Tuesday it would not be until Friday again. I am now onto the insurance company to contact them AGAIN to confirm this Friday but he emailed me at 11am saying they were just going to check and it's now nearly 3pm. Just emailed him again and the "ONLY" bloke at Central Motors who knows was off at lunch as apparently Raj no longer has the ability to check himself. Yes VERY pissed off at the moment.
MY17 DISCOVERY SPORT HSE TD4 MANUAL E-Capability in Santorini Black with 18" 511's in black, from Guy Salmon in Ascot.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 pm

An unbelievably state of affairs. It sounds like some kind of nightmare that only ever happens to others.

I truly hope it's sorted to your satisfaction before much longer.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

depicus

Post by depicus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Chippy wrote:An unbelievably state of affairs. It sounds like some kind of nightmare that only ever happens to others.

Indeed - now we are being told "...your vehicle is still in refit, the checks will be carried out in the morning and only after this will they be able to establish if the vehicle can be delivered back tomorrow.."

I won't be holding my breath.
MY17 DISCOVERY SPORT HSE TD4 MANUAL E-Capability in Santorini Black with 18" 511's in black, from Guy Salmon in Ascot.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:18 pm

depicus wrote:
Chippy wrote:An unbelievably state of affairs. It sounds like some kind of nightmare that only ever happens to others.

Indeed - now we are being told "...your vehicle is still in refit, the checks will be carried out in the morning and only after this will they be able to establish if the vehicle can be delivered back tomorrow.."

I won't be holding my breath.
Good luck depicus.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Life-Short

Post by Life-Short » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Just returned from a skiing trip which lapsed for 8 days and discovered that my Air conditioning and heating unit were not working. Fan just did not function despite all digital displays indicating all was ok. Only 12,000 miles on the clock.

Called LR assist, they immediately arranged a replacement car...a smelly Ford Galaxy and the car was lifted by the AA and returned to local dealer. Got call from dealer 4 hours later advising that part was a fan issue and should have it within 24 hours? Let's see if that happens?

In fairness, I must congratulate LR for superb customer service and response to my problem. It really was impressive.

However, concerned that a "Landrover" left out in wind and rain for just over a week could have such a basic problem.

So today is day one, hopefully I will get my Disco back before weekend but looking at forum here the parts don't seem that available.

Finally, I learn from this board that a fix requires the removal of the dashboard. Has anybody had this problem and are there checks and balances I should review on eventual collection from the dealer. All advice welcome.
Last edited by Life-Short on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSE Auto Black TD4 180 MY16.5 (2.0 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Leather seats, Detachable Tow-bar, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass.

landrovernut

Post by landrovernut » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Have now got mine back. Took 15 days to get part and fit it and yes, the dash has to come out which is a long job. All now seems ok though and no visible or audible evidence that it has been out.
The cause of fan problem appears to be the seal between two bits of cover (scuttle ??) At rear of engine and wind blown rain appears to be getting to the fan - doesn't appear to be a problem til car is left unused and corrosion forms on contacts of motor.
LR have also done something with this seal but they are being very vague. All the LR tech notes seem to waffle on about this seal but are very unspecific. Can only assume it is another factory problem.
At least I had a top of the range Disco 4 to drive while mine was in dealers for 15 days.
Good luck with yours.
Took delivery 11th Feb 2016 MY 16.5 Disco Sport 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Firenze Red, Contrast Roof Santorini Black, Priviacy Glass.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:40 am

landrovernut wrote:Have now got mine back. Took 15 days to get part and fit it and yes, the dash has to come out which is a long job. All now seems ok though and no visible or audible evidence that it has been out.
The cause of fan problem appears to be the seal between two bits of cover (scuttle ??) At rear of engine and wind blown rain appears to be getting to the fan - doesn't appear to be a problem til car is left unused and corrosion forms on contacts of motor.
LR have also done something with this seal but they are being very vague. All the LR tech notes seem to waffle on about this seal but are very unspecific. Can only assume it is another factory problem.
At least I had a top of the range Disco 4 to drive while mine was in dealers for 15 days.
Good luck with yours.
My old Volvo had same, it used to spray water out of the vents after heavy rain :shock: :roll:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Life-Short

Post by Life-Short » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:06 am

Good news just informed by dealer that I will have my Disco back to me on Friday. So thats a total of 10 days driving a LOAN Ford Galaxy monster. You sure do appreciate the LR after driving that brute NO MATTER WHAT!

Interesting dealer said they fixed a rear light rattle re-call too...anybody know anything about this as I received no notification?
HSE Auto Black TD4 180 MY16.5 (2.0 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Leather seats, Detachable Tow-bar, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass.

Les

Post by Les » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:11 am

My DS is in the dealer next week to have the replacement fan fitted at last. When it was booked in the dealer said it would also have the rear lighting repair carried out at the same time and when I queried this they said there was a known problem but I thought they said it was on the high level brake light, but I won't be sure until next week.
2015 HSE Lux, Auto, 5+2, Kaikoura Stone/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony Windsor 10 way seats, 20 inch 511 Wheels, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Privacy Glass, InControlTM, Service Pack, Williams ceramic coating

Wanula

Post by Wanula » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:23 pm

The heater failed on mine mid December, with no discernible reason, it certainly hadn't been left stationary for more than a couple of days at a time.

It went into my local Stratstone on the 22nd December and initially LR said I wasn't eligible for a loan car as it wasn't a roadworthy issue, they've clearly never driven in a car that's colder outside than in and when frost builds up on the inside windows.... thankfully the service team at Stratstone were great and I was given a (pimped up - there words!) LR Customer Service DS as a loan car, with the part on a 6 week order!

Thankfully it was fixed within 4 weeks, including the Christmas & New Year Break. They also fixed the squealing front brakes (a known issue) and also updated the Sat Nav, overall great support from the dealer and a high spec replacement car to boot over Christmas!!
DS HSE TD4 Auto MY18, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass
DS HSE SD4 MY15 - gone
Freelander SE, Black - gone

All Stratstone Aylesbury

Return to “Faults & Technical”