Heater/Air Con Fan not working.

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Barnsh

Re: Heater/Air Con Fan not working.

Post by Barnsh » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:33 pm

landrovernut wrote:Thanks for reply. Have seen the Topix number etc but not any detail as to the fix. Do you have any detail?
No sadly my subscription ran out before it was made available , I have seen a few others on here with "stalling" fans as they call it, so not uncommon I guess.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Fluff

Re: Air Conditioning Problem

Post by Fluff » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi all, new to this forum so grateful for advice. I too just got back from a winter break with car left at Manchester airport meet & greet for 10 nights, to find that heating not working in -1 temps. Car is a 2106 HSE LUX 7 seat diesel, so less that 12 months old but heater fan not working in main cabin, seem to wrk in the boot area though. Does the known fan motor fault in previous post apply to all models, thanks

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Fluff wrote:Hi all, new to this forum so grateful for advice. I too just got back from a winter break with car left at Manchester airport meet & greet for 10 nights, to find that heating not working in -1 temps. Car is a 2106 HSE LUX 7 seat diesel, so less that 12 months old but heater fan not working in main cabin, seem to wrk in the boot area though. Does the known fan motor fault in previous post apply to all models, thanks
I had basically the same problem on my previous DS with the heating/ventilation not functioning at all. After parking up for about 20 minutes and restarting everything was back to normal.

Maybe worth a try. Good luck.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

Fluff

Post by Fluff » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks chippy but that's not worked so visit to the dealer at the weekend is next I think

Fluff

Post by Fluff » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Still wasn't working first thing this morning but started working whilst driving down the motorway, switched off A/c tried manual setting and the fan blower worked, then tried on A/C that too was now OK. still going to dealer tommorrow though

landrovernut

Post by landrovernut » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:21 pm

My DS has been at dealers for 12 days now awaiting new fan motor - apparently none in country at mo so one has been ordered from manufacturer "over seas" is all they will tell me - suspect China, as taking an age to get here.!!
Driving around now in Land Rover Assistance top of the range (Landmark) D4 which looks as though it is an ex JLR management car registered last June with 7K miles on it and wired for digital TV front and rear!! A bit thirsty though compared to DS. Like the V6 diesel.
Took delivery 11th Feb 2016 MY 16.5 Disco Sport 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Firenze Red, Contrast Roof Santorini Black, Priviacy Glass.

Les

Post by Les » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi All
Just joined but not sure if this info may help as others may have already replied. I have a May 2015 HSE Lux which now has 18000 miles on the clock. Just before Christmas went away for three weeks and left the car parked at the airport, when I came home the heating/ac would not work, all lights and switches ok but the fan would not run. Dealer was fully booked so advised a call to LR Assistance and the technician said it is a known problem, he took off the engine cover flicked the fan and it runs now ok. He said the problem is caused by dampness tarnishing the contacts, so a new fan is to be fitted with a modified sealed cover in the engine compartment. Unfortunately the whole dash has to come out and the dealer said it may take two days, the replacement fan is still on back order but due this week. This problem may have already be solved on later models as mine was an early one with the Freelander engine.
Also noticed in another post someone mentioned the radio coming on when the engine is started which mine does, but I have a loan car at present, due to PF sensor fault, which is only two months old and the radio doesn't come on until the radio button is pressed.
2015 HSE Lux, Auto, 5+2, Kaikoura Stone/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony Windsor 10 way seats, 20 inch 511 Wheels, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Privacy Glass, InControlTM, Service Pack, Williams ceramic coating

landrovernut

Post by landrovernut » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:27 pm

This problem seems to be becoming quite an issue now with anyone who leaves their car unused for much longer than 10 days outside in wind and rain.
My motor is due in this week as well (we will see!!) and also told that new covers required at rear of engine compartment. Not looking forward to the dash coming out though.
The loan D4 is costing me a fortune in fuel!!
Took delivery 11th Feb 2016 MY 16.5 Disco Sport 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Firenze Red, Contrast Roof Santorini Black, Priviacy Glass.

depicus

Post by depicus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:44 pm

landrovernut wrote:The loan D4 is costing me a fortune in fuel!!
I feel your pain, still driving around in a LandCruiser since my DS was rear ended 3rd December - spending an extra £25 a week on fuel but thankfully the insurance company are embarrassed about the delays and gave me £100 today as a goodwill gesture, sadly probably won't cover the excess where the dog chewed the hire cars seat :lol:
MY17 DISCOVERY SPORT HSE TD4 MANUAL E-Capability in Santorini Black with 18" 511's in black, from Guy Salmon in Ascot.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 am

depicus wrote:
landrovernut wrote:The loan D4 is costing me a fortune in fuel!!
I feel your pain, still driving around in a LandCruiser since my DS was rear ended 3rd December - spending an extra £25 a week on fuel but thankfully the insurance company are embarrassed about the delays and gave me £100 today as a goodwill gesture, sadly probably won't cover the excess where the dog chewed the hire cars seat :lol:
Any news when you get yours back ? Seems ages since it happened.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Return to “Faults & Technical”