First problem - squeaky rear seats

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Jpb_uk

Re: First problem - squeaky rear seats

Post by Jpb_uk » Sat May 23, 2015 10:18 am

We had a rattle/squeak in the back. It was caused by the seat belts getting stuck between the side of the seat and plastic panel. caused by the plastic on the seat belt. You can check this by plugging the seat belts in when not in use. I fixed it by covering it with anti rattle tape. it would have been better if LR allowed the buckle to go all the way to the top out of the way. If that doesn't fix it then it could be the back on the seat rubbing against the plastic in the boot. Pull the seat forwards a bit, or again stick anti rattle tape to the area that rubs. In ours you could see clearly were the seat had been rubbing as it had created a mark.
Gone - Discovery Sport, HSE Automatic, Corris Grey, Ebony leather, Privacy Glass, Spare wheel, InControl WiFi, InControl Secure, Side Steps, Mudflaps & Service Pack.
Replaced with - Audi Q5 Sline plus.

J77

Post by J77 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:25 am

Dealer fixed my one, when I picked the car up it was late on so it was a salesman that gave me my keys, therefor I didn't get an explanation of what was done. But it's all quite now :D

The noise from my one disappeared when I applied gentle pressure on the centre seat.
HSE SD4 Manual, Loire Blue, Cirrus leather, Service Pack, Front/Rear Mud Flaps, Heated Steering wheel, Privacy Glass and Rubber Mats.

Took delivery 27/03/15
Gone 29/09/15
Pentland Cupar

richardsmith29

Post by richardsmith29 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:16 am

I had the same issue...i lifted the seat area (on the dual seat side as that's where the squeak was coming from) by releasing the two small white locks under the seat (they look like two small white triangles that you slide and that releases the seat clasp) I then clean the white locks with a bit of soapy water and reseated the seat locks...no issue since
HSE Luxury Auto, Yulong White with Ebony Interior and Ebony Headliner, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Space Saver Wheel, Mudflats, Entertainment Pack, Traffic Sign Recognition, GuardX Protection. Dealer: Sturgess Leicester. Delivered: 18/05/2015

funnyfrish

Post by funnyfrish » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:05 pm

@richardsmith29: that's a great hint. I will try it this evening.

gftimes2

Post by gftimes2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:18 pm

My car has been back in the dealers twice with noises from the rear. First time, they removed the rear seats and greased the base rods. Second time they had to secure the trims to the pillar on the rear passenger side. There are still some rattles and vibrations I can't pinpoint. Having owned 4 Freelanders I am a but disappointed with the build quality of my Disco Sport

J77

Post by J77 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm far from impressed with my DS, already contacted my salesman to see how bad it would hurt to switch back to a D4. The DS isn't bad but I expected more for my £40k.
HSE SD4 Manual, Loire Blue, Cirrus leather, Service Pack, Front/Rear Mud Flaps, Heated Steering wheel, Privacy Glass and Rubber Mats.

Took delivery 27/03/15
Gone 29/09/15
Pentland Cupar

Strappe

Post by Strappe » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:47 am

J77
Hey! that's a pity about you and DS i thought you had sorted out your problems.
But, i will be interested to see how you get on with the dealer and the D4.
You know i did deliberate myself during the DS purchase about a D4 but it would have had to be a lower spec.
I am happy with the DS at present but, still think now and then when i see a D4 on the road.
Best of luck.
HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior, spare wheel, bright finish treadplates, flaps, rubber mats, traffic sign recognition, 3 additional USBs, service pack

Now moved from JLR to Audi. (May 2018)
Q3 2.0 TDI 184 QTR BLK Edition S-Tronic

J77

Post by J77 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:54 pm

I was probably being a bit harsh, there is a lot to like about the DS and I don't dislike it, I just miss my D4, my salesmans on holiday for a fortnight so plenty of time to think about it. But deep down the sensible option is to stick with the DS, it fits in the drive but still big enough for the dog and I've probably halved my running costs plus I could only stretch to an SE and there are a few things on my DS that I like, xenons, pano roof etc. Also I'm keen to see what LR do with the D5 or whatever they choose to call it.

My gripes are relatively minor compared to some on here, gearbox issues etc

So I doubt the DS will be going anytime soon.

Took delivery 27/03/15
Gone 29/09/15
Pentland Cupar

Jpb_uk

Post by Jpb_uk » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:27 am

The seat rattles must be a common issue as they have issued a campaign Q489 2nd row seat rattle and squeaks on Topix now. At least it give a little confidence that they now know how to stop it.
Gone - Discovery Sport, HSE Automatic, Corris Grey, Ebony leather, Privacy Glass, Spare wheel, InControl WiFi, InControl Secure, Side Steps, Mudflaps & Service Pack.
Replaced with - Audi Q5 Sline plus.

Sprower

Post by Sprower » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:36 am

I had that squeak for the first couple of days, but soon went after the seats had been moved back and forwards / folded a few times, and a couple of passengers sat in them. Now that they've "settled" I've had no problem with them.
HSE Luxury, Firenze Red / Contrast Santorini Black roof / 20" wheels / 2.0 Ingenium engine / InControl Apps.
Ordered May 2015, delivered 19th Sept 2015, Harwoods of Sussex.