Repair not successful even after 3rd (Final) Stage
10%
NO
57%

Total votes: 42

deehamps

Re: MY16 B Pillar Rattle ?

Post by deehamps » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:13 pm

Mine was built in January 2015 so one of the first off the line - No rattles or squeaks here and my car VIN is within those numbers :D
March 15 - Discovery Sport HSE Lux, Firenze Red, Black Pack 20", Adaptives, Incontrol Secure/Apps, Wifi, etc

Gone - D4 XS Ipanema sand

Hunters - Guildford

louisng

Post by louisng » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:11 am

Hi, I am from Hong Kong. My DS produced in May 2015, also has the rattle issue at B pillar passenger side ( left side). Today I went to LR dealer, they honestly told me LR had addressed the issue, and LR UK had sent engineers to Hong Kong to help to find solution. It's been a few months already, they still can't solve it entirely. Maybe I had same experience with Audi A3 and A4 before, I am not very surprised, at least LR addressed the issue and willing to repair, while Audi dealership said they didn't know what to do and it was none of their business.

RogerT

Post by RogerT » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:04 pm

I picked my DS td4 se tech up mid October and drove round for a week with a rattle from the passengers side. I thought I had introduced it by transferring all the rubbish from my previous car such as umbrellas and box of screwdriver bits so moved bits around the car. Decided that it was not the rubbish so started with rear seat belts, seats, door cards etc. The thing that fixed it was the B post cover that I pushed and prodded to make a bit more secure (taking care as there is an airbag in there). Now rattle free but I do drive with the rear seat belts done up as the buckles do end up lying on hard plastic.

Powerdoc

Post by Powerdoc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:40 am

RogerT wrote:I picked my DS td4 se tech up mid October and drove round for a week with a rattle from the passengers side. I thought I had introduced it by transferring all the rubbish from my previous car such as umbrellas and box of screwdriver bits so moved bits around the car. Decided that it was not the rubbish so started with rear seat belts, seats, door cards etc. The thing that fixed it was the B post cover that I pushed and prodded to make a bit more secure (taking care as there is an airbag in there). Now rattle free but I do drive with the rear seat belts done up as the buckles do end up lying on hard plastic.
Excuse me, I am not a native english speaker : what is B post cover ? ( I have the same problems with my brand new disco)

philn

Post by philn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:49 am

Powerdoc, they are the plastic covers that cover the metal posts at each side of the front window, they run from the roof down to the dashboard.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Powerdoc

Post by Powerdoc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 am

Thanks I am going to check this as soon as possible

Hillwalker

Post by Hillwalker » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Philn, sorry, but if I am not mistaken you described the 'A' pillar, surely the 'B' pillar is by the driver's (or passenger's) ear, between front and back doors? Then the 'C' pillar is the wide one behind the second row of seats.

No?
SE Tech, 150, Ingenium, Firenze Red, Ebony interior, Privacy Glass, Service Pack. Rear View Camera, Spare Wheel.

philn

Post by philn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Hillwalker wrote:Philn, sorry, but if I am not mistaken you described the 'A' pillar, surely the 'B' pillar is by the driver's (or passenger's) ear, between front and back doors? Then the 'C' pillar is the wide one behind the second row of seats.

No?
Correct Hillwalker, apologies Powerdoc, as Hillwalker says the B pillars are in between the front and rear doors.
MERC GLC43

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:34 am

Hello,

I picked up our MY16 DS the day before yesterday and whilst driving it yesterday thought it had caught the dreaded B Pillar Rattle disease.

I've just got back from my dealer who is aware of the problem on the MY15 vehicles (Evoque was also affected) but had not heard of it on a MY16 vehicle which is not surprising since ours is the first they have handed over. VIN is 560...)

Anyway he drove the car for a couple of hundred metres and quickly located the rattle (which is actually more of a tick, tick noise) to the drivers side grab handle. Remember ours is LHD so that would be passenger side on RHD in the UK, Australia, Hong Kong etc.

I'd told him that a forum member (I think it was dshseus) had suggested pulling down hard on the grab handle which he (the guy at the dealer) did and the noise disappeared.

His supposition is that grab handle is not under sufficient tension and that the loose retaining clips are what is causing the noise. He's ordered new parts so I'll report back when it's (hopefully) been fixed.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

philn

Post by philn » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Sounds a bit odd to me Chippy, I thought pulling down on grab handle stopped the B pillar rattle but it had to be welded to fix it, hope he's right for your sake.
MERC GLC43

Return to “Faults & Technical”