Re: MY17 B Pillar Rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport

Has your MY17 DS HAD or still HAVE B Pillar Issue?

YES
24%
Repair successful after 1st Stage
3%
Repair successful after 2nd Stage
2%
Repair successful after 3rd Stage
2%
Repair not successful even after 3rd (Final) Stage
4%
NO
63%

Total votes: 90

Chippy

Re: Re: MY17 B Pillar Rattle

Post by Chippy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:06 pm

virterm wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 am
It seems that I do not have this problem, perhaps it's related to LHD in Canada? :)
Be thankful that you don't have the problem whereby I don't believe that it has anything to do with you being in Canada with a LHD car.

I've had it on both my LHD cars in Germany and there are several cases of US owners also having the problem.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Nfennell9

Post by Nfennell9 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Wow-you clearly have done your research.
Thank you for being so helpful.
Time for a chat with the guys at JLR

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Nfennell9 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 pm
Wow-you clearly have done your research.
Thank you for being so helpful.
Time for a chat with the guys at JLR
Don't get fobbed off by the dealer , and quote the consumer rights act 2015.
It is your right. And is not up to the dealer to deny you this right.
If you need more help just let me know.
Make sure you follow up any verbal conversation with the dealer with an email too.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Nfennell9

Post by Nfennell9 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you again you have been most helpful

Caninecapers

Re: MY17 rattling

Post by Caninecapers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am

I've had the three stage B pillar work done a few months ago...and seems to have worked! A few squeaks and rattles sorted, tailgate struts and rear lights replaced after the squeaky boot fix. I still generally enjoy the car and think it looks far better than the XC60 or the merc...each to their own! I had a look at an XC60 whilst wandering through Newcastle city centre and stumbled upon a Volvo sales promotion. The XC60 on show was a high spec petrol/hybrid model with massage seats as the sales chap pointed out a number of times, nice quality interior but not that keen on the dash. A nice car.....all for £68000....but you do get a nice massage!

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Caninecapers wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am
I've had the three stage B pillar work done a few months ago...and seems to have worked! A few squeaks and rattles sorted, tailgate struts and rear lights replaced after the squeaky boot fix. I still generally enjoy the car and think it looks far better than the XC60 or the merc...each to their own! I had a look at an XC60 whilst wandering through Newcastle city centre and stumbled upon a Volvo sales promotion. The XC60 on show was a high spec petrol/hybrid model with massage seats as the sales chap pointed out a number of times, nice quality interior but not that keen on the dash. A nice car.....all for £68000....but you do get a nice massage!
I hope your is fixed but so far it has nearly always cone back , sometimes many months later.

A nice massage and an awesome acceleration too :-) the hybrid DS won't be far short of that price tag either.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Caninecapers wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am
Moved your post to MY 17 b pillar thread as it is not MY18.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Shackster

Post by Shackster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi all. Now 2.5 weeks since my DS left and I do miss it. Such a good looking car. Anyway - I can still track it via the Incontrol app. It went straight from me to a car auction place in the midlands, and remained there until yesterday, when I saw it had now moved to what looks like a residential address (not stalking it or anything :lol: ). So it seems unlikely that any effort has been made to fix the issues before it was sold on. Hope that the person who's ended up with it is more tolerant than I am, or patient with the attempts to fix.

Also - since it went I've had a Renault Kadjar on hire for ten days, and now a Kia Sportage on a short term lease until the Volvo arrives. Both feel more solid internally than the DS, and DON'T RATTLE!
MY17 HSE Black in Firenze Red, auto - B-pillar rattle and others - gone

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:09 pm

A bit like my first rejection Shackster. I could follow it doing what were clearly test drives and then it ended up at an address in our village from where it went on various trips until I suddenly couldn't follow it any more.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Shackster wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:58 pm
Hi all. Now 2.5 weeks since my DS left and I do miss it. Such a good looking car. Anyway - I can still track it via the Incontrol app. It went straight from me to a car auction place in the midlands, and remained there until yesterday, when I saw it had now moved to what looks like a residential address (not stalking it or anything :lol: ). So it seems unlikely that any effort has been made to fix the issues before it was sold on. Hope that the person who's ended up with it is more tolerant than I am, or patient with the attempts to fix.

Also - since it went I've had a Renault Kadjar on hire for ten days, and now a Kia Sportage on a short term lease until the Volvo arrives. Both feel more solid internally than the DS, and DON'T RATTLE!
Interesting that it went straight to auction and not resold at retail - the dealer clearly wanted no more issues or responsibility for it.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Return to “Faults & Technical”