Re: MY17 B Pillar Rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport

Has your MY17 DS HAD or still HAVE B Pillar Issue?

YES
24%
Repair successful after 1st Stage
3%
Repair successful after 2nd Stage
2%
Repair successful after 3rd Stage
2%
Repair not successful even after 3rd (Final) Stage
4%
NO
63%

Total votes: 90

Johndeere

Post by Johndeere » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:42 pm

This is kinda worrying me as my ds is being built on Friday, any day but Friday. The guy from my dealership who I ordered with is at the factory for a look around, so I just emailed him ,any rattles and their getting it back. End of. How can they still be getting this wrong?
Corris grey hse lux ,black pack, privacy , entertainment pack, ebony head cloth , service pack, space saver, tan leather, guard x

philn

Post by philn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Johndeere wrote:This is kinda worrying me as my ds is being built on Friday, any day but Friday. The guy from my dealership who I ordered with is at the factory for a look around, so I just emailed him ,any rattles and their getting it back. End of. How can they still be getting this wrong?
The build dates always show as a Friday as it is week ending.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Badger

Post by Badger » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:01 pm

That's bad luck depicus and very sorry to hear about it. I was convinced that going for the 2017 model would have meant that all these niggles would have been sorted. Best of luck getting it fixed.
MY17 HSE auto in Waitomo grey, privacy glass, reduced spare wheel

chrisjheaton

Post by chrisjheaton » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Unlucky, I hope!

I've had my MY17 for 5 weeks now, covered 1500 miles and not a squeak out of it.

Good luck.
MY17 SE Tech 180 Auto
Firenze Red
Panoramic roof, privacy glass
InControl Protect
Stratstones Newcastle.

Hans

Post by Hans » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:17 pm

After 3 days with the new MY17 car - no sound which shouldn't be there ;)
Good luck with the repair.
DS HSE Si4 MY17, Indus Silver, Adaptive Xenons, Active Driveline, Surround Camera, full spare tyre and some more goodies ;)

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:05 pm

My guess is more cars have this issue , but not being on this forum plenty of folks will just accept the rattle.
They shouldn't .

Obviously JLR have no idea what is causing it as there fix doesn't work. I can't understand why they don't take cars like your current one back to there research team and get to the bottom of it for once and for all.
Producing an invasive fix that doesn't work is poor engineering.

Buying a car in the "cooler" months of the year leaves you outside the 6 month refund period. I wonder where folks stand legally as they know the cars have an issue that shows up the warmer months.

My own random thought does it also depend on your air con setting ? I.e if aircon set to 18 degrees and outside temp is 26 is it worse, is it the different expansion rates of inner and outer skin , which is that they are chiselling appart in first and second step of fix.
I like a cozy car at 22. Perhaps I might crank down the aircon next week when it is hot outside and see if that makes a difference as I have a very very faint tick on drivers side just emerging.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Reado11

Post by Reado11 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Oh dear depicus, my MY 17 is built and showing as in 'logistics' right now so hope I don't get the same issue! :(

As with others 2+ years into production you would have thought this issue would have been resolved once and for all!!
MY 17 DS HSE 180 auto, Santorini Black, Cirrus Leather, Privacy glass, USB, detachable tow bar, illuminated tread plates, InControl Connect Pack, service plan, Supaguard. Guy Salmon, Bristol.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:24 am

Would be nice if customer relations would update us on this issue wouldn't it ?!
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Yasmar

Post by Yasmar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:48 am

Barnsh wrote:Would be nice if customer relations would update us on this issue wouldn't it ?!
They can't give us an update because they don't have an answer to the problem. If they had a solution to the issue the newer MY17 cars like yours wouldn't have the rattle. As a fellow sufferer I agree it's an appalling situation plus it wastes everyone's time including the dealers that they have to send off sound files to JLR for authorisation to get paid to do the repair work. I guess JLR may have had past experience of over zealous dealers billing for repair work that wasn't fully justified but it's us that are kept waiting for action in the meantime.

Once the issue has been logged you should in theory be able to take further action any time in the future if the problem returns. Lets hope they come up with a definitive fix soon.

ps As far as I have been able to tell Air-con makes no difference to the rattle even though it seems to be temperature related. Turn the radio on is my only advice at the moment!
MY16.5 DS HSE 2.0 Litre Diesel Automatic Scotia Grey with privacy glass and mudflaps.
Complete with B Pillar rattle courtesy of JLR :roll: finally fixed and rattle free thanks to the dealer!

DONE

Post by DONE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:20 am

image.jpeg

I believe this is the reason for the B pillar rattle depicus! ;)
Last edited by DONE on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discovery Sport HSE 180 Auto, Loire Blue, MY17
Electric tow bar, Full size spare, mud flaps front and rear.
75k Service Pack.
Ordered 25.7.16 Delivered 30.09.16
Guy Salmon Thames Ditton

Return to “Faults & Technical”