UPDATE ON B PILLAR RATTLE

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
gavster

Re: UPDATE ON B PILLAR RATTLE

Post by gavster » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:00 am

wardie wrote:
Chippy911 wrote:I would imagine they have to buy their steel from their owners TATA who, being one of the worlds largest steel manufacturers should know what they are selling to JLR.
But who knows?
TATA is what the Halewood factory told me, at least for the normal panels but not some specific structural parts. Corporate cost synergies etc
The rolled steel was marked up with TATA when we were last at Halewood,
HSE Black in Fuji White Auto with Ebony Headling, Traffic sign rec, Heated Steering wheel and tow bar.
Ordered Jun - Del 19/11

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:17 am

gavster wrote:
wardie wrote:
Chippy911 wrote:I would imagine they have to buy their steel from their owners TATA who, being one of the worlds largest steel manufacturers should know what they are selling to JLR.
But who knows?
TATA is what the Halewood factory told me, at least for the normal panels but not some specific structural parts. Corporate cost synergies etc
The rolled steel was marked up with TATA when we were last at Halewood,
What does TATA stand for? How about Try Anything That's Available :roll:
2015 - HSE, SD4, Manual, Santorini Black, Black Pack 20" Wheel Option, Adaptive Xenon, Climate Seats, Fixed Side Steps, and the best option, 3rd Row USB so my granddaughter can keep her ipad on, no more are we there yet.

gavster

Post by gavster » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:20 am

:D
reminds me,when we went round Halewood i saw a PC terminal that had a message taped across the screen explaining in lengthy technical terms why it was out of order...Someone had hand written below: "in Ford terms its F*%$@D" I had to laugh!

the general consensus appears to be though that tata has improved things a l lot...?
HSE Black in Fuji White Auto with Ebony Headling, Traffic sign rec, Heated Steering wheel and tow bar.
Ordered Jun - Del 19/11

nino

Post by nino » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:16 am

I deal with a lot of customers who outsource their IT to Tata Consulting Services, if their car manufacturing is anything like their IT consultancy I worry for my car!
DS HSE Auto - 2.0 Ingenium - Corris Grey - Entertainment Pack - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headliner - 2nd Row USB Ports with Charging - Service Pack - Memory Seats - Contrast Roof (Santorini Black)
Ordered: 12/05/15 Build Date: 16/08/15 Delivery: 25/09/15

Nan

Post by Nan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:14 am

I just received my Discovery Sport and did notice some kind of rattle coming from somewhere. Exactly where is this B Pillar problem coming from.
Can someone pinpoint it for me. I would be hugely disappointed if in fact I have the same problem. I'm not sure the fix has made its way to
the United States yet. Anyone in the US had this fixed?
Nan

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Nan,

Firstly congratulations on your new DS but sorry to hear that you have problems.

The B-pillar rattle is more of a ticking sound, quite high pitched and, on my DS it comes from towards the top of the pillar.

If you pull down hard on the roof mounted drivers grab handle it may stop the noise temporarily (at least it does on mine).

If you follow the link below there is an mp3 file of the noise.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1494&start=170

Hope you get it sorted whatever it is.
Gone

philn

Post by philn » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Nan wrote:I just received my Discovery Sport and did notice some kind of rattle coming from somewhere. Exactly where is this B Pillar problem coming from.
Can someone pinpoint it for me. I would be hugely disappointed if in fact I have the same problem. I'm not sure the fix has made its way to
the United States yet. Anyone in the US had this fixed?
Nan
B pillar is between front and back doors.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

TeoFabi

Post by TeoFabi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 am

Hello Nan,

I purchased my DS in late May here in the US. In fact, I just rec'd my DS back after 15 days of repairs on Christmas eve. So far the noise is gone. My dealer had only recently rec'd the bulletin from LR that was issued and all of the welds in the pillar were drilled out and then welded once again.

bobd

Post by bobd » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:24 pm

Thought I would add my experience. Had mine back for about a week now - the dealer has had it since before Christmas sorting out the B Pillar rattle issue. So far so good and they seem to have done a good job. No issues with any of the trim / paintwork etc etc.

Meanwhile I've been slumming it in a loan RR Sport..
HSE Auto, Loire Blue, Ebony, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel, Front / Rear Mudflaps, Rubber Mats, Service Pack.

Pentland Perth

dane

Post by dane » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:42 am

My car has now been back for the 5th time (2 times to dealer and 3 times to body shop) to fix the B-Pillar rattle and I have just been told that LR have released a 3rd amendment to the LTB00827 technical bulletin which is now LTB00827v3 according to TOPIx (which I don't have a subscription to). Does anyone know what has changed in the process for fixing this issue now? Or better yet have the 3 versions of the bulletin?

Return to “Faults & Technical”