Tailgate/bootlid closing on my head...

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Chippy

Re: Tailgate/bootlid closing on my head...

Post by Chippy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Sometimes I think I should start compiling a list of my favorite lies. If I ever do yours will certainly be included - brilliant :lol:
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

Rogc

Post by Rogc » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Interesting the gesture tailgate stopped working correctly after about 5 weeks, now very intermittent. However yesterday whilst jet washing it wouldn't stay shut. In the end I put the keys in the garage, problem resolved. However the gesture tailgate still wont open on command :(
MY18 HSE Lux Dynamic in Corris Gray Diesel 180HP, electric deployable towbar, surround camera system, in control pro.
https://sites.google.com/view/discovery-sport-1/home

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Had the same problem late last year and dealership disabled the gesture control. No word from them since on any fix. Has anybody had a resolution to this problem yet or are we expected to just live with having paid for something that doesn't work?

NickMSM

Post by NickMSM » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Having the same issues - tailgate opening/closing erratically on two occasions. Can anyone confirm that disabling the gesture control 'fixes' this issue? I am scared the tailgate will leave me stranded somewhere or worse still open when I am driving.

Station

Post by Station » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 pm

As a temporary fix / trial you could disable the whole keyless entry / exit system as that also includes the gesture feature.
There’s a video link somewhere on here and it definitely works as I have done it on mine - more for security than anything else.
Maybe worth a try?
HSE Black SD240 MY18 in Firenze Red / Black with Active Dynamics. :D

NickMSM

Post by NickMSM » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Station wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:25 pm
As a temporary fix / trial you could disable the whole keyless entry / exit system as that also includes the gesture feature.
There’s a video link somewhere on here and it definitely works as I have done it on mine - more for security than anything else.
Maybe worth a try?
Thanks, it's booked into the dealer this Thursday so will see what they say first. Very annoying issue though :x

discojoy

Post by discojoy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Same happened to me. I was only 2nd day with DS. Tried to open the tailgate to show friends, it didn’t open and when I about to give up it opened and stopped half way. And stopped there for a while even though I tried gestures control many times. At last I had to close it by the button

NickMSM

Post by NickMSM » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Update

Received my car back today from the dealer after I had issues with the tailgate. They have replaced the rear fog light which was apparently leaking in heavy downpours and are confident this has solved the issue (fingers crossed).

They told me LR are aware of this issue and have issued a bulletin to dealers to replace fog lights in the first instance.

Return to “Faults & Technical”