Discovery Sport Forum banner

InControl Touch Pro connection fault/iOs 11.2.2

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Badgerface 
#1 ·
Morning all,

Is there anyone else on here having issues connecting an iOs device to their vehicle by USB since Apple released S/W update 11.2.2?

Mine connects only briefly, then crashes entirely, now rendering the entire suite useless.

I note on TopIx that there is an SSM73699 available, which may or may not be relevant to this issue - does anybody on here have access to this bulletin? If so, would you kindly post it on this thread for mine and any others affected benefit?

Many thanks in advance...

#2 ·
I've had the same issue since 11.2.1. I found that if you leave it for about 5mins it will come up with the "allow Discovery Sport to connect?" and will then work fine for the rest of the trip. It's really annoying and I hope an iOS update will solve it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Not seeing this with ICTP in the D5. Connects and stays connected fine. Assume the core system is the same as the DS.

Have you tried a hard reset of the iPhone ? Power and Hike button or Power and Volume Down button (depending on iPhone model) until you see the Apple logo. Then remade the buttons.

Maybe the iPhone is confused and needs a hard software kick.

#4 ·
Yes, tried that Simin, makes no difference. To be honest, it has been temperamental from day 1, but this latest S/w release seems to have totally buggered it up - it doesn't even work as an iPod to play music anymore. As a process of emimination,Mohave changed USB cable and tried a different handset and USB port, but to no avail. Another bloody trip to the dealers looks inevitable.

#5 ·
Badgerface said:
Yes, tried that Simin, makes no difference. To be honest, it has been temperamental from day 1, but this latest S/w release seems to have totally buggered it up - it doesn't even work as an iPod to play music anymore. As a process of emimination,Mohave changed USB cable and tried a different handset and USB port, but to no avail. Another bloody trip to the dealers looks inevitable.
Done exactly the same. I just hope the dealer has a software update available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
#8 ·
I'm using a 6s by default, Wife has a SE. Neither device recognised after a brief boot up on InControl Apps - it launches, advises top right that the device is connected, then crashes. Device name remains on screen, everything else is just empty.

I connected an old iPod Shuffle via USB this morning, and it saw it straightaway......from that, I deduce that EVERY time Apple update their S/w, JLR will need to update theirs, needing a trip to the Dealer. Utterly utterly USELESS! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.