NO
58%

Total votes: 40

Barnsh

Re: Re: MY16 B Pillar Rattle ?

Post by Barnsh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 am

Bolt wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 am
Well the ticking has returned and I have got a good recording.
Trying to get the dealer to except my right to reject but he's telling me it's not a manufacturing fault🙄
Not giving g in!
Yep keep going , you will win in the end , the truth always does.
MY17 DS HSE 180 manual Firenze/Almond,10 way Mem seats, Priv glass,Active xenon, surround cam. Space saver wheel, gloss grey wheels.
My16.5 DS Se Tech 180 b pillar tick - rejected :oops:
My16 DS Se Tech180 Tracker Cut main loom = rejected :oops:

PaulCP

Post by PaulCP » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 am

We really should have a thread naming dealers who spout bullish!t and refuse to accept these issues, particularly with regards to B Pillar, oil service requirement, rear brake discs etc
HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Black Roof, Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras, InControl Connect, Space Saver Spare

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand....... Sorry to see it go but time to move on

Yasmar

Post by Yasmar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:04 am

Picked up the car a couple of weeks ago and finally I seem to have the car I paid for, well almost. The B pillar is not rattling and the headlining has been completely replaced. The car came back like a new pin.

Apparently the gearbox sluggishness is a characteristic not a fault. Funny how some cars are worse then mine and others are better, I’ve driven so many now :lol:
MY16.5 DS HSE 2.0 Litre Diesel Automatic Scotia Grey with privacy glass and mudflaps.
Complete with B Pillar rattle courtesy of JLR :roll: finally fixed and rattle free thanks to the dealer!

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:18 am

Yasmar wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:04 am
Picked up the car a couple of weeks ago and finally I seem to have the car I paid for, well almost. The B pillar is not rattling and the headlining has been completely replaced. The car came back like a new pin.

Apparently the gearbox sluggishness is a characteristic not a fault. Funny how some cars are worse then mine and others are better, I’ve driven so many now :lol:
That's good news Yasmar especially since the dealer seems to have done a good, clean job. Now you can enjoy your DS.

Bolt

Post by Bolt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:16 am
Bolt wrote:
Trying to get the dealer to except my right to reject but he's telling me it's not a manufacturing fault🙄
Not giving g in!
Well after a bit of a battle the dealer finally came good and agreed to my rejection of the car.
Thank you Barnsh for your invaluable help in this, the dealers are no push over but if you are persistent and clear on your rights you can be successful.
Mixed feelings on seeing it go as its a great design, perhaps the new ones are now sorted but mine wasn't.
Need to go car hunting now!
HSE 180 Auto, MY16, Scotia Grey, Privacy Glass, 20" Alloys, Space Saver Spare, A1 Tow Bar.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Bolt wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 pm
Barnsh wrote:
Bolt wrote:
Not giving g in!
Well after a bit of a battle the dealer finally came good and agreed to my rejection of the car.
Thank you Barnsh for your invaluable help in this, the dealers are no push over but if you are persistent and clear on your rights you can be successful.
Mixed feelings on seeing it go as its a great design, perhaps the new ones are now sorted but mine wasn't.
Good news another success by perseverance!
Many pms in the background, make me a busy person.! :roll:
But I do love a challenge .

Score so far on rejection assistance
Barnsh 5 Landrover 0
Onwards we go!
MY17 DS HSE 180 manual Firenze/Almond,10 way Mem seats, Priv glass,Active xenon, surround cam. Space saver wheel, gloss grey wheels.
My16.5 DS Se Tech 180 b pillar tick - rejected :oops:
My16 DS Se Tech180 Tracker Cut main loom = rejected :oops:

Bolt

Post by Bolt » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm
Bolt wrote:
Barnsh wrote:

Good news another success by perseverance!
Many pms in the background, make me a busy person.! :roll:
But I do love a challenge .

Score so far on rejection assistance
Barnsh 5 Landrover 0
Onwards we go!
19pms from you I think but we got there in the end👍
HSE 180 Auto, MY16, Scotia Grey, Privacy Glass, 20" Alloys, Space Saver Spare, A1 Tow Bar.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 am

Bolt wrote:
Barnsh wrote:
Bolt wrote:
Not giving g in!
Good news Bolt, this type of result really does show the value of the forum and its helpful members. And proves that we just mustn’t give up.

Bolt

Post by Bolt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 am

Chippy wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 am
Bolt wrote:
Barnsh wrote:

[/quote
Good news Bolt, this type of result really does show the value of the forum and its helpful members. And proves that we just mustn’t give up.
Thanks Chippy.
Maybe looking at getting something from your homeland next, part of the reason for buying the DS was that's it's from mine, well at least made here.

Return to “Faults & Technical”