Clutch pedal heavy intermitantly

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Barnsh

Re: Clutch pedal heavy intermitantly

Post by Barnsh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks
I was wondering if there was any correlation with this thread, if the brake and clutch servo assistance use the same hydraulic system , but I don't know if they do on the DS.It could point to the vacuum system or fluid valves etc.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4957
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

chris3131

Post by chris3131 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 am

Just wondering if this issue was ever resolved or if anyone else is experiencing similar?
I have exactly the same issue with my manual discoSport. I find my issue only occurs after driving for >30/40mins on the motorway without depressing the clutch. Then as soon as I press the clutch it is much heavier than usual and also the spring-back is much slower than usual. It’s never got stuck down completely, but worried that that could/might happen one day.
It feels like something related to the hydraulics. I mentioned it to my dealer, but they couldn’t replicate the issue (they didn’t drive it consistently without changing gear for long enough) and whilst the car is still under a Used Approved warranty, I’m concerned they get the gear box out, not find a problem and i’ll be left with an £800 bill with no solution to the issue...
Thoughts/suggestions welcome ...

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 am

Go out with the tech and make sure he drives in the right way to replicate the issue.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

adebrooks

Post by adebrooks » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:31 pm

I have exactly the same problem & asked the dealer to change csc while gearbox was out having timing chains replaced but they didn't. the problem is if they cant replicate it they wont do anything. im fighting with them at the moment car went in for this & other work & haven't seen it since its been there a month

Return to “Faults & Technical”