Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
BobbyBox

Re: Incorrect diesel exhaust fluid quality detected

Post by BobbyBox » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Some good independents have access to the LR systems to perform updates and their labour rates are typically much lower than the franchise dealers.
Usually, they will check for updates during a service and you typically don’t pay more than the menu price for that service.

Personally, our DS has always been serviced and updated by Marshall’s in Oxford (who acquired Ridgeway Oxford where we purchased it). They have always applied any update I requested as well as any warranty (and now extended warranty) work without quibbling.
BB
Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE TD4 (180) MY16, Auto, Loire Blue, Almond Interior, Adaptive Xenons, Roof Rails, Spare Wheel, flaps, privacy glass, memory pack, travall dog guard. Built Oct 2015.

Past master

Post by Past master » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:33 pm

I spoke to Marshalls (Peterborough) when I had the latest update, and was told that they will continue to apply the updates that come up on TOPIx for free even after end of warranty. But that would not apply to updates required to rectify a fault, I assume. Also I only have their word for it - as I wrote above, updates appear not to be covered by the Extended Warranty.
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

ntc

Post by ntc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi
It is most of the time software update required the factory setting is to sensitive , just get the latest miles better and by the way Tesco is now selling Redex/Holts ad blue at £1per litre and has the correct iso number.
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

RamblingDan

Post by RamblingDan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi Guys

First time posting.

Have today just spent £200 with LR for the exact same fault.
Went and purchased adblue with the correct ISO number as stated on LR website and in the hand book. Purchased from eurocar parts.
200 miles after fulling with 10l - note engine was giving 300 miles left on it - got the fault.
Took it in to LR in Solihull and asked about the software update - they did all that and still the fault so had to drain the tank and refill with their adblue.

I purchased the Greenchem adblue ( https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car- ... gKsqPD_BwE ) which is the right ISO and the dealer also confirmed this. Dealer was great but could only go by what the software was telling them.

Anyone else had the same problem as I’m taking it up direct with LR as what they advise to use causes a fault and the charge for their adblue is up to 5 times more expensive

Thanks
Dan

(Also note I live 3 miles from JLR in Gaydon so might ask around the neighbours for advice as well :-) )

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Just wondering what date / expiry date you have in your container? ECP should have a good turnaround if their stock but worth checking.

Is anyone shaking their containers of adblue prior to filling up ??
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

DiscoDriver

Post by DiscoDriver » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:09 pm

I’ve used Greenchem Adblue no problem so it’s either the software update wasn’t installed properly or a dodgy batch.
MY16 D180 Auto

RamblingDan

Post by RamblingDan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 pm

I got them to check the software update and they said their level 4 tech had double checked it.

Didn’t check the expiry date but I wouldn’t expect ECP to have any out of date stock as they will legally not be able to sell it but I can ask them to double check it.

I’m taking it up direct with LR as the dealer has done all they can do but wondered if anyone else had use the right Adblue and still got the same problem

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:57 am

RamblingDan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 pm
I got them to check the software update and they said their level 4 tech had double checked it.

Didn’t check the expiry date but I wouldn’t expect ECP to have any out of date stock as they will legally not be able to sell it but I can ask them to double check it.
There may not be an expiry date as such, but if its been stored inappropriately then it will degrade faster than if stored in normal temperatures and away from sunlight
RamblingDan wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 pm
I’m taking it up direct with LR as the dealer has done all they can do but wondered if anyone else had use the right Adblue and still got the same problem
There are other examples on the forum of similar issues when not using JLR fluid , but still 'compliant' in terms of labelling with ISO spec etc

I've already bought 20 litres of Redex branded Adblue, even though my car is 3 weeks old - i've got it stored in a steel cupboard so its cool and out of UV light. Garage forecourts and retailers can get away with storing outside in sunlight because..
1. they arent the users
2. they have reasonable turnround on stock
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

RamblingDan

Post by RamblingDan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:44 am

Not letting it go with LR. If they put the specification of what you can use on their website then they should be clear about which brands etc they have tested etc OR they need to be very clear that they do not recommend any other then from an approved LR dealer.

If they make the information publicly available then they should make things clear.

If I can only get it from LR to be assured it is compliant then I’m fine with that but that isn’t what they say on their website.

I’ll see what they come back with on it. Probably won’t get any sort of refund but at least others might be aware when they refill the adblue themselves

DiscoDriver

Post by DiscoDriver » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 pm

As I said above, I used the exact same Adblue as you and I had no issues. So both the spec JLR give and the compliance of GreenChem Adblue is fine. So maybe you should be complaining to ECP about the sub quality of the product you bought from them?
MY16 D180 Auto

Return to “Faults & Technical”