Used LR Cars...poor service

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Monkeyboy867

Used LR Cars...poor service

Post by Monkeyboy867 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:29 pm

I bought a 2017 HSE Sport 2 weeks ago from Harwoods Land Rover, Croydon.

Cant recommend them, their communication is absolutely appalling. Tried calling them a number of times to speak to the salesman before collecting my car but he never rang back. Eventually emailed the manager complaining of terrible service and copied the salesman in who called me back within 5 minutes. The salesman was totally unapologetic and said that he though i was being unfair as he only received two messages from me to call him back (which is one too many when you're spending £30k). That should have been my cue to go elsewhere..

As much as i like the car, i have had one fault after another and am now seriously considering giving it back.

As a Land Rover Used car, it should have a received a 165 point check and be 'As New' but there is no tyre repair kit, the NSR door speaker fell off, there are Small Scratches everywhere (once you notice them you can't stop seeing them) and the Rear Bumper is very badly misaligned.

Then today, it developed a Gearbox fault which has kept it in one gear throughout. Fault lights showing are HDC, AEB, Stability Control and Check Engine Light. I phoned Harwoods but no one works on a Saturday Afternoon. LR Assist were helpful but can't do anything till tomorrow. They said that Orange lights were advisory and not to worry about them... I don't agree with that. Orange lights are warning you of a fault that needs investigating.

Cant for the life of me, believe that a 165 point check has been carried out on this car, and feel like its been miss sold.

Badgerface

Re: Used LR Cars...poor service

Post by Badgerface » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Simple. It hasn't. Reject it within the next fortnight (it's your rights)

It's a lemon, and they know it - hence the lack of response or interest from them. Sadly, a lot of the JLR dealers have the same attitude....I think that it's part of the corporate training. You should feel honoured and privelaged to give them your money blah blah blah...honestly, the bloody arrogance stinks!

Get rid, and get rid now. You'll regret it if you don't!

ps: there's plenty more out there, just chalk this up to a duff car coupled with a pompous dealership with "order takers" up their own backsides. It'll serve them right when you tell them that you are rejecting it as not fit for purpose.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Wool

Post by Wool » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:50 pm

Sad story to hear. I have experienced great service from Lloyd’s LR at Carlisle buying mine in December last year.
As you bought from LR, just read your info, they guarantee a no quibble full refund within 30 days of purchase if you have clocked less than 1000 miles.

Best of luck
MY17 DS HSE Manual 180, Electric towbar, Santorini Black . Service pack inc.

Past master

Post by Past master » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:34 pm

Give it straight back.
If you look through here there are plenty of people who are happy with their local dealers, unfortunately none of them near Croydon as far as I'm aware. I've had very good sales service from my (fairly local) dealer, Marshall Peterborough. Bought three cars from them (all ex-demo).
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

Les

Post by Les » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 am

+1 to comments above, give it back. There are a few around on the LR used site for around that price. I wasn’t very happy with Harwoods Tunbridge when I was buying mine from new, they said they had a demonstrator with all I wanted on it to try out but when I arrived it was a basic one. A few rude words were exchanged and a vow never to re visit. I purchase my FLs and DS from Beadles at Sidcup and found them fine, shame about their service side.
Must be a really bad sign, when I went to pick up my replacement Ford the service manager from Beadles had moved to there, both of us have gone down market.
Now sadly gone 2015 HSE Lux, Auto, 5+2, Kaikoura Stone/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony Windsor 10 way seats, 20 inch 511 Wheels, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Privacy Glass, InControlTM, Service Pack, Williams ceramic coating

Pauld

Post by Pauld » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:56 pm

+2 to previous comments looks like you've dropped on a bad one I think I'd be handing it back chalk it up to bad luck find another dealer and don't be put off the DS it's a great car. Good luck
Ps when a dealer says the cars been through the WORKSHOP they meen its been driven through without stopping.

Return to “Faults & Technical”