Discovery Sport Forum banner

My new Byron Blue

11K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  HamsterWheel 
#1 ·

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good HamsterWheel, a proper Land Rover colour IMO.
Was it worth the wait? Looks like you may need to update your Signature though!

#3 ·
Well worth the wait - to think that in February I ordered a Skoda Kodiaq (cancelled when they left it in a field half-built) and am now driving a much nicer car to look at for the same money. I love it rather a lot, especially the grey wheels which match the Byron blue so well.
Signature updated !

#8 ·
Not that new - every Press car on the LR and RR fleet is currently Byron Blue apparently. Seems just to work very well though, very much of the moment. Needs grey wheels though!
Dealer tells me its currently very popular - expect to see loads about soon.
Definitely makes all other colours obsolete!

#9 ·
County said:
Nice motor HamsterWheel, love the colour is this a new option?
;)
Yes, introduced with MY18. Orange changed to Namib and Aintree Green dropped amongst other changes.

#10 ·
Looks good with the grey wheels. What is that bright blue car parked next to it in the showroom? That looks an interesting colour.

I remember reading your post about your failed Skoda Kodiaq order. Whilst the DS might be better to look at, I suspect the Skoda Infotainment system is light years ahead of the JLR system (it certainly was on the Kodiaq Edition I drove recently).

S

#11 ·
The bright blue car is an RR Sport, in Velocity ultra metallic paint, a £3,570 extra!. Looked a bit gaudy I thought.

DS infotainment somewhat eons ahead of my old Jeep, will do for me. Seems to play all the tunes on my iphone whilst its in my pocket without any problem. I drove past a Kodiaq yesterday, they look very boring - even more sedate colour palette than LR.

#12 ·
Wow. £3,570 just for paint?!? :shock: Somebody will pay for it, though. Footballers, etc...

Completely agree on the Kodiaq colour options; Petrol Blue is about as interesting as it gets. It was fairly boring and predictable to drive, as well, although some consistency from the DSG box was a welcome departure from my DS auto.

Steve

#15 ·
Fraser said:
HamsterWheel, the car looks well smart.

Are the wheels part of the graphite pack or were they just an extra on themselves?
Free option on HSE spec

G
#16 ·
Woolmeister said:
Wow. £3,570 just for paint?!? :shock: Somebody will pay for it, though. Footballers, etc...

Completely agree on the Kodiaq colour options; Petrol Blue is about as interesting as it gets. It was fairly boring and predictable to drive, as well, although some consistency from the DSG box was a welcome departure from my DS auto.

Steve
Steve - had a loaner Ewok in what looks like the very same colour earlier this week with all the trim elements and wheels being gloss black for a real contrast - it's certainly most striking, my wife loved the colour, I didn't! For me a bit too 'shouty' and I admit to feeling a bit of a wally driving it :oops:

#17 ·
I think that I'm going to have a D240 HSE Dynamic in this colour next!!! 😍💓

My colour choices were until I saw your photos:

• Carpathian Grey
    Byron Blue
    Indus Silver

#19 ·
Now, only extras are as per my signature below. For some reason the combination of Byron Blue, the blacked out rear windows and the grey wheels just click. It's what they're using on all the Press fleet Velars.
Too filthy with all the road grime to take any more pics now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.