Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS which was made on the 11th has been taken off line for a quality audit, they are going to see if it was built correctly, which to me mean they will take it apart.
I am told this is happening to random customer vehicles, the most annoying aspect it they cannot say when they will finish with it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Now I don't think you're joking but I hope LR is. I'd be outraged. How much disassembly are they planning on doing !

·
Registered
677 Posts
That sounds ominous.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lofi said:
Now I don't think you're joking but I hope LR is. I'd be outraged. How much disassembly are they planning on doing !
I don't know but they have had it for 2 weeks and still can't say when they will finish.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok, that is taking the p***!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't beleive they are going to disassemble the whole car, most of the structure is spot welded for gods sake.. Probably a deep level quality audit but still very annoying, sorry mate.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right I am sure with the body as they would audit those before assembly, but they could take it down to the shell.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unbelievably bad luck Moose, on the other hand you could look at it that you'll eventually get a double triple checked car so should be tip top by the time you get your hands on it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just means a deep drill quality audit process....actually means it will get reworked to the 'correct' standard if fault found....so you may be better off, apart from the wait that is ;) it won't be stripped...they have not the time to prat about too much with one car when 400 odd are rolling off the VETS every day :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
slider said:
Just means a deep drill quality audit process....actually means it will get reworked to the 'correct' standard if fault found....so you may be better off, apart from the wait that is ;) it won't be stripped...they have not the time to prat about too much with one car when 400 odd are rolling off the VETS every day :D
if that's the case I'll take it, why they need it for a indefinite time is beyond me, anyhow I still think it is a great car, I just want to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
At least it will be perfect!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Moose "Shit Happens" but, you will have a good one when you get it.
Everything good comes to he who waits.

HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, almond interior, privacy glass, spare wheel, flaps, rubber mats, traffic sign recognition, 3 additional USBs, bright finish treadplates, service pack.

·
Registered
506 Posts
So sorry for you Moose - at least it should be the most perfect build possible, when you finally get it! Mine has just been confirmed as handover tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts