Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 Chris Evans (Mail on Sunday, Cars, in Event Magazine)

His verdict "A whole heap of quality car with a super adaptable interior, and better engines are on the way". He gave it 4 out of 5 stars!

Not bad for a petrol head, but he is a car enthusiast. He also says "Oh, and she's a bit more lurchy than I wanted her to be, especially from a standing start". Being a driver of sports and hot hatch cars, he probably would come to that conclusion anyway, on all but a BMW X series, as a LR auto is not really intended for hard right foot enthusiasts.

2 Autocar Road Test (18 March) Autocar verdict 4 out of 5 stars!

They summed it up as "Practical, capable, desirable and - despite a few flaws - great to drive.

Needless to say, they both advised prudence and waiting for the new engine! As we know, that may not yet be the best option as ours is tried and tested.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Keep hearing this new engine arguement in reviews but it's going to be 2WD so not what most of us want

·
Registered
35 Posts
Next year for a new engine with 4 wheel drive. I hear the plus 2 seats will also be an option.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If they hold all of our cars at the Dealers for much longer we may be in time to get the new engine fitted after all ! :oops:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi Tomt,

How do you know that the Ingenium 2.0 diesel combined with 4WD is only available in 2016?

Let's await the MY2016 LR DS announcement as it should create clarity on Ed4 2WD and TD4/SD4 4WD 2.0 Ingenium diesel launch...
(with MY2016 production to start August 2015 who knows what this will bring us)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The 2.2 is a Ford engine and i am sure the agreement to use it finishes soon, it is also only Euro 5 so JLR will switch to there own 2.0 for all versions as soon as they can. I think is is only supply shortages that is stopping them now.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I agree with your view Moose; hope we all get a clear MY2016 spec soon to make informed choices

1 - 8 of 8 Posts