Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered an SE in kiakoura stone with black pack. The dealer has tried to push for me to include xenon headlights but I can't justify the extra $1300. Just wondering if anyone has any photos of halogens and xenons to compare in daylight. I am aware of the increased vision at night. I am also wondering if the tail lights look any different with the xenon pack.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In Australia if you do not go for Xenon pack you do not get LED signature DRL, with halogen it still tells you that you have DRL but is just a yellow bulb. To me the LED signature DRL is important as it distinguish your DS from the rest of the cars on the road just like those bimmers having angel eye DRL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Is there a visible difference when the lights are not on at all?

·
Registered
37 Posts

This test car is a SD4 SE and has no Xenon pack( the yellow bulb is the DRL ) , I guess most of the DS in member gallery has Xenon.
I have been driving Xenon car for 6 yr and to me the different is when you are in country road ( or any road with no street lighting ) the Xenon gives you far and wider visibility in a blue-whitish light source and this to me improves safety

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tried to limit the number of extras when I ordered mine but the one thing I'd always choose is the Xenons. I also have the adaptive lights as I live in the country with no street lights and having the extra side light when turning is a real benefit, but not worth it if in the town.
The light at night is significantly better as is the longevity of the bulbs.
The Xenons are very difficult to retrofit as they also need washers to be legal in the UK so I'd say spend the extra in this case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got an SE version which comes without Xenon. Seriously going for Xenon is worth the money. The Halogene does not come with the nice circle led. I am trying to see whether it can be retro fit and so far havent get much feedback from landrover.

Go for the Xenon you might regret it

Zoubeir

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hanks very much for all the feedback! Looks like it might be a matter of talking the leader of the opposition (wife) around!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a SE Tech in the Uk which does not come with Xenon and the LED signature. I never had them in my car history and thought I don't really need them/ In hindsight, I probably should have gone for the option, since with the LED signature the car does look classier and Xenon would have help my aging eyesight!

I will definitely go for them next time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gogsy said:
I also have the adaptive lights
also note that there are 2 different Xenon packs available, the Xenon pack is Xenon as discussed above in the majority of the posts , the Adaptive Xenon pack is as per Gogsy that the Xenon lights swivel to follow the road plus static bending lamps follow the kerb

with Xenon pack you also get LED rear lamp which again looks nicer and I remember in some road safety studies it was also shown to be reducing rear ending accidents
http://www.starlightsinc.com/article/5690-led-brake-lights-could-reduce-collisions-on-the-road

·
Registered
46 Posts
papayacheng said:
Gogsy said:
I also have the adaptive lights
also note that there are 2 different Xenon packs available, the Xenon pack is Xenon as discussed above in the majority of the posts , the Adaptive Xenon pack is as per Gogsy that the Xenon lights swivel to follow the road plus static bending lamps follow the kerb

with Xenon pack you also get LED rear lamp which again looks nicer and I remember in some road safety studies it was also shown to be reducing rear ending accidents
http://www.starlightsinc.com/article/5690-led-brake-lights-could-reduce-collisions-on-the-road[/quote

The Auto high beam assist with Xenons is also a great feature to have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.