Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete

I ordered this part from LR Direct with the part number shown as per the LR website: http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/discovery-sport/interior/function-technology/vplvs0125-luggage-retention-kit/

The box did indeed show it was the same part number as per the above. However when I installed the inertia belt it didn't reach the other side of the boot... It was too short.

Is this the right part number for the DS or is it actually for a different LR model?

I contacted LR Direct and their reply to my issue was that I need to "contact Land Rover directly regarding information you have seen on their site" as technically they have fulfilled my order with the part number I requested.

This leaves me in the lurch as it is not a cheap accessory. Any chance you can help to check if the part number listed on the LR website is actually an error and not for the DS?

Thanks very much.

Photo showing the inertia belt that is too short:

Trunk Hood Gas Tints and shades Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
The items go the other way around I think as the boot is narrower at the back?
Belt at the back near the seats and metal bars at the front near the tailgate.

Should fit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BobbyBox said:

Should fit.
Unfortunately thw bars run parallel to each other... Same width at the rear as at the front. You can see from the rubber boot mat grooves that the width is even. So mounting the bars at the rear or the front would be the same.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi oliie

Thank you for your post.

I note your query and have taken the opportunity of checking our website which shows that the correct part number for the Luggage Retention Kit for the Discovery Sport is VPLCS0324. Please see the link below.

http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/discovery-sport/interior/function-technology/vplcs0324-luggage-retention-kit/

Having checked the part number that you have provided, VPLVS0125 this indicates that the part in question is for a Range Rover Evoque.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi oliie

Thank you for your post.

I note your query and have taken the opportunity of checking our website which shows that the correct part number for the Luggage Retention Kit for the Discovery Sport is VPLCS0324. Please see the link below.

http://accessories.landrover.com/gl/en/discovery-sport/interior/function-technology/vplcs0324-luggage-retention-kit/

Having checked the part number that you have provided, VPLVS0125 this indicates that the part in question is for a Range Rover Evoque.

Regards

Ryan
Thanks for the prompt reply Ryan!

So in this case the part number VPLVS0125 is actually for an Evoque but is shown on the Discovery Sport accessory page as per the URL I pasted above... Which is what I used to order the part from LR Direct.

Is there anything LR can do given it has been showing the part number for the Evoque by mistake on the Discovery Sport accessory page?

Appreciate any help as I have ordered the wrong part number as a result of the incorrect number being shown.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ollie

I agree with you, as when we ordered our luggage retention kit I found 3 differing part numbers all being quoted ( in LR literature) for the DS. The one you have VPLVS0125 being the most common.

We ordered from Duckworths which on their system showed yet another number for th DS! However in the instruction sheet it does show that the inertia belt is not to be used across the car but only as shown in the pictures, ie a loop on one side. If you do look at the Evoque forum ( I did link to it in an earlier post) you can see that in the Evoque the inertia reel does in fact stretch across the boot.!

GPC

·
Registered
533 Posts
oliie said:
BobbyBox said:

Should fit.
Unfortunately thw bars run parallel to each other... Same width at the rear as at the front. You can see from the rubber boot mat grooves that the width is even. So mounting the bars at the rear or the front would be the same.
I stand corrected. Worth a punt though. Looks like JLR customer service have come to your rescue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So can anyone confirm if the inertia web reel supplied in VPLCS0324 fits across the DS attaching to both rails?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
HAh! Me too!

Exactly the same - the rail fits nicely, but the strop is too short. It's on the snagging list I sent the car to the dealer with last week. They were supposed to have finished by yesterday aftenroon but didn't call so I'm hoping to hear from them today.

I said I thought it was for a different car but they said no other car in the range has this kit (yet).

I'll report back when I hear!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
oliie said:
I've learned to live with with it as the instructions visually show its only meant to extend on one side of the boot; it's not designed to go across the boot.
Seems a bit odd. I shall report what they say, as I understood it was to be able to do both. And even if not, it seems stupid to make it stop just 2" short of being able to when they've gone that far already!

BTW, on my car there's a space to the right side, opposite the fuse box cover on the left. What do you have in yours that has filled that space in flush and given you a little grille? Rear a/c?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ccomley said:
oliie said:
I've learned to live with with it as the instructions visually show its only meant to extend on one side of the boot; it's not designed to go across the boot.
BTW, on my car there's a space to the right side, opposite the fuse box cover on the left. What do you have in yours that has filled that space in flush and given you a little grille? Rear a/c?
Good question! I will take a closer look next time we are in the car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did LR come back to you ( ccomley ) on whether the inertia web reel supplied in VPLCS0324 fits across the DS attaching to both side rails?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oliie said:
ccomley said:
oliie said:
Good question! I will take a closer look next time we are in the car...
Yup, confirmed this is 3rd row aircon intake; sorry a bit OT.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
dbni said:
Did LR come back to you ( ccomley ) on whether the inertia web reel supplied in VPLCS0324 fits across the DS attaching to both side rails?
It was on my snagging list, which is current, I pick the car up in a couple of hours so should know then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, look forward to hearing the outcome on the Luggage Retention Kit before ordering.

There's also the possibility of the Loadspace Side Net (VPLCS0270) for that space if you don't have third row aircon.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
dbni said:
Thanks, look forward to hearing the outcome on the Luggage Retention Kit before ordering.

There's also the possibility of the Loadspace Side Net (VPLCS0270) for that space if you don't have third row aircon.
The retention kit is excellent, even if you don't use the strap. The rails hold all the stuff I regularly keep IN the car up against the back seats so it doesn't crash about the boot . The sliding rails it slots into can also be used for bungies, nets, etc.

Elastic nets, I'm not sure I'd pay LR price for, there are perfectly adequate third party ones around for much fewer money.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
They said as posted above, the strap isn't intended to reach right across but to be looped around whatever you're retaining from one side to the SAME side. Pity they could've made it 2" longer and it could then have done either!!

Also Iguess it *can* be used at the same time as the telescopic fench as you can move one of the sliding doodads from the rail on the other side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.