Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had their DS wrapped? Mine not arriving till September, but looking at the pricing of what I want - paint=£600; privacy glass=£350; black pack=£1500, I'm guessing wrapping will be a much cheaper option. I also have the option of getting matte grey metallic vinyl (google it on an evoque), they are charging £1200 for the new Waitomo Grey paint alone! I specc'ed Corris grey paint, but guessing the dealer can change this as long as they have sufficient notice ahead of build date.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't tell JLR/insurance/insurance claim lawyers you have wrapped the pedestrian airbag cover....JLR are very very specific about any aftermarket treatment to this cover and the liability issues it may bring should the airbag be deployed when a third party has added something which has not been through validation etc....still its your risk...good luck ;)

There is a very specific dealer alert out which tells dealers in no uncertain terms 'do not arse around with paint or any other treatment to airbag cover'....or words to that effect...

·
Registered
211 Posts
slider said:
There is a very specific dealer alert out which tells dealers in no uncertain terms 'do not arse around with paint or any other treatment to airbag cover'....or words to that effect...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wouldn't it be great if it literally said that ? One for the Plain English Campaign......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.