Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - those that have their DS, having lived with it for a while, would you order another one ....?

·
Registered
132 Posts
NO, I wouldnt, i've traded across from a D3, The reason i didnt buy a D4 was because it was another D3 in disguise, I've waited and wiated for this new Defender, The D5 is too far away and my D3 was tired and weary.

I fancied something new and different, thats exactly what i have, its such a fantastic car that i would keep it it for 2 - 3 years and then have a look at the Defender. hopefully a bit more refined than the current version, a few creature comforts and some better engine's.

So NO i wouldnt buy another, that said i never do so this isn't the answer that you wanted,
I don't regret buying it though so hopefully you will get some pointers from that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have mine - I'm interested to see if other owners like their's enough to order a subsequent one.

·
Registered
677 Posts
A couple of things I would like to see improved but I wouldn't have a problem ordering another.

Having said that though, I do miss my D4 a world apart from my D3.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If there was an SVR version I would be sorely tempted... But will probably settle for a D5 when I grow up

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would go for the 5 seat with a proper spare and ideally 200bhp, but will I change my mind and have a D5 when it comes out, maybe we will see.
It will be another Land Rover.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would definitely consider another as I don't need a D5, and I'd probably go 5 seat (with full size spare). But given that I love this one, and my car buying habits, I'll probably keep it for 7 to 8 years anyway. Besides that , it has it's 5 year service plan, so should be much easier on the wallet to run.

It's a great car!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting looks like a lot of people are holding out for a D5 as their next car......

Can't wait to get my DS on Saturday but I too will more than likely have a D5 in the drive in the next 3-4 years when the launch cools off

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Will probably stay with DS as D5 too big for my needs. Would go along with others regarding 5 seats.

Car gets its first proper run next week on holiday to Devon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't have mine yet but would not change my mind and would order another DS. Main reason for us was the 7 seats so that narrows the choices down to probably the Volvo or sante fe so the DS wins hands down for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Some folk change their car every 12-18 Months, if you had been driving it for 4 Months and it took 6 months to replace maybe some folk would be trying to formulate an argument for and against ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I read the post as more:
How happy are you with the DS and therefore if you were to order a new car today would you do the same thing again, not necessarily what will your next car be.
I mentioned the D5 as if the D5 had been out for a couple of years at this stage and the initial hype had died down then I would have purchased it but the DS ticked all the same boxes just a little smaller but then again cheaper with all aspects of driving. It's also a new model and it was time to change the D4 before it depreciated like a stone next year

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm seeing quite a few saying "would have gone for 5 seats". I'm in the same situation.

LR have missed the target here big time, IMO. Many see this as a great size SUV, not overly big, and not a trumpt-up small car. But most of those people don't want a 7-seat car.

The above exactly sums me up. I'm currently driving at XC60 and I think it's the perfect size SUV for me. I want the DS as I feel it's the next generation, it's a desirable car to have, and it is fits exactly my SUV size requirement. And I feel I'm not alone in that market. And of all the people in that market, how many really want 7-seats ?

Volvo have a brand new XC90 out, genuine 7 seater...but I'd never go for it, I don't need 7 seats, and it's in that "too big" bracket for me.

So why the hell are LR limiting the UK market to a 5-seater with the lowest powered engine and manual only ? I'd prefer to take the money for those extra 2 seats, which are a total waste for me, and put it towards a higher spec/higher engine car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Love the seven seats. Perfect family car. Best thing about them is if you don't need them you would never know they are there! Amazing packaging.

·
Registered
796 Posts
When it's time to change cars again in a couple of years time I think the DS will have developed and there will be a proper sport version SVR .. then I would consider another one ... love the shape and the car has great potential.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Duncanslater said:
Love the seven seats. Perfect family car.
No one is suggesting not shipping a seven seat variant. But only shipping 5 seats in a half-hearted fashion is missing a market IMO, and a major one.

Best thing about them is if you don't need them you would never know they are there! Amazing packaging.
I don't particularly want to spend £1500+ on things I will never need, nor carry around kilos of useless (for me) weight. I would prefer to spend that money on other things I actually want, like the bigger engine.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Delighted with my 7 seat DS, they are totally unobtrusive so if not needed are not seen. I reckon that in the 2nd hand market the 7 seater will be the most popular. I would like a more powerful engine but given there is not one to spend the £1500 on its a bit of an irrelevant question.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Seats are unobtrusive but they stop you having a full size spare and also have less storage space under the boot floor. I can understand why LR have gone this way as it is the only 4 x 4 of this size with 7 seats but it would have been nice to have had the choice of 5 or 7 seat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts